Sparkling water

What is it about sparkling water, Seltzer, etc? That is soooo appealing after you cut the alcohol off? I find this really interesting. I love it more than ever and it appears everyone else does here too?! Strange

12 Likes

Love my San Pallagreno or Kirkland flavored carbonated water, with fresh lemon wedges, ugh heavenly.

7 Likes

Many here sure do! Youā€™re certainly singing my song.

Lacroix

A friend brought some La Croix hibiscus flavor to a party. Itā€™s pretty good! :yum:

After some banter on the Friday Night thread, I also branched out and tried Fever Treeā€™s elderflower flavored tonic water.

At first itā€™s delightful. Light and flowery.

Then the lingering taste is that of sucking on dried, bitter plant roots. :nauseated_face: Do not recommend that one.

6 Likes

Sodastream for the win!

Add some frozen berries or lemon for ice/flavour.

4 Likes

I absolutely love the Elderflower Presse/sparkling water.
Didnā€™t really like sparkling water before but this one is great.
Iā€™ve got a bottle on the go all the tine.
And thatā€™s never been like me with water.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the purity, imo we go from total abuse to total untainted nature. oh and the bubbles feel nice.

2 Likes

Haha - I didnā€™t notice this was a common thing in the sober community! Since I gave up alcohol, Iā€™ve started liking sparkling water :joy: Never had the urge to drink it in the past!

3 Likes

I think itā€™s a sensory thing. I always loved soda water but now 10Ɨ more. At least itā€™s cheaper than booze.

1 Like

I didnā€™t drink soda in or before addiction, but now all I want is diet Dr Pepper. Coffee too.

1 Like

Here is my sparkling water at my hotel in London after a night out with my wife. Other sparkling water shots welcome! :joy:

image|375x500

1 Like

Just found a new favorite of mine last night.
Trader Joeā€™s brand seltzer water with lemon and ginger. It was so damn good!
I never understood growing up, but any time my parents would try to get sober they would stock up on club soda. Now I get it.

3 Likes

My favorites are lime, strawberry and grapefruit. :slight_smile: Although, I canā€™t say mine is sobriety-related because I always drank this instead of soda.

1 Like

Ah you have a fancy one. I donā€™t, but if I did it would be aggressive bubbles all the way :rofl:

2 Likes

Okay. This might be next level enough to finally sway meā€¦

4 Likes

Okay. So Safeway had Blackberry Vanilla sparkling water in their store brand Soleil thatā€™s an awesome after dinner treat. And just as soon as I bought one case they seem to have stopped stocking it?

Weak sauce! I only have three cans left.

Anyone out there tried this or seen it lately?

1 Like

Love most of the LaCroix flavors. Sometimes I even put it in a wine glass. I guess sometimes, since my wife still drinks, I like to have a few sparkling waters. I like the flavored no calorie Hint sparkling and Arrowhead. Or just even soda water. I guess it gives us something to do with our hands. And drinking water plain or fizzy is good for weight loss. And the overall health of the body.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

San Pellegrino with a dash of bitters (yes I know what is in bitters. Very tasty.

2 Likes

Oh, I have to try that!

1 Like

Yesterday I had a ā€œFreshboosterā€, sparkling water with ginger, mint and lemon. Very healthy and refreshing.

2 Likes

We have been doing ā€˜lemonadeā€™, just half a lemon in a glass of sparkling water. Itā€™s lovely!

But that sounds very nice as well, I actually have some ginger cordial and a mint plant that could do with cutting back a bit :grin:

2 Likes