Spiritual awakening

Day 4, i feel like I need a mind/spiritual awakening. I need something to bring my mind back to my body. I feel numb, guilt, anger, and self hate all at once.

What do you guys recommend? I was thinking a small get away to a airbnb that has nature walks, or something like that.

6 Likes

Hey i hear you! After 20 years of heavy drinking there wasnt a big heart, mind, body, soul connection. Ive found myself grow spiritually within my aa program and im only a few months in. I highly recommend!

6 Likes

I wasn’t looking for anything other than an end to my active addiction when I entered rehab. I took a hard road to rehab a suicide attempt got me Baker acted and placed in a state run psych hospital for five days of intense withdrawals from long time opioid abuse. I went right to a rehab facility from there and like I said I just didn’t want to be an addict any longer. I’m thinking not looking for any kind of spiritual awakening worked in my favor. My beautiful son sent me a book by Ram Dass a spiritual teacher I had loosely followed for about 50 years for my 70th birthday. While I was reading this book, Polishing the Mirror how to live from your spiritual heart, something deep down woke up. I sensed myself changing profoundly. An amazing transformation was taking place i had trouble understanding and accepting what was clearly happening,everyone around me took notice. It continues in every moment of every day. My gratitude is immense and ongoing. I find myself connected to the Universe and through my practice (daily meditation and prayer) it is a constant in my life. I guess I’m not sure seeking it will make it happen but i do think finding a path, in my case the three jewels of Buddhism,the Buddha,thr Dharma (doctrine or teaching)and the Sangha (the community).is needed. I find refuge in the space within the goodness of my Sangha’s hearts. Have an open heart and equally open mind. Living the right kind of life will be of great benefit to you and everyone around you. The eightfold path:

4 Likes

Try mindfulness meditation exercises by mark Williams we use them in my ADP program as well daily in the mornings or when we need to. They are on YouTube or Netflix. It helps incredibly my RNs use it with us at the hospital. I now use this method daily.

2 Likes

I understand wanting to feel better as soon as possible, but the numbness, guilt, self-hate, etc, won’t be fixed by a walk in the countryside, I am afraid. It takes 5 miles to walk into a forest, it takes 5 miles to walk out. You got to the emotional place you are over many years, it will take months or years to get away from it. I know that sounds depressing, but the good news is that the first few weeks or months contain a lot of steep improvement, so long as you really ‘work’ it, whether that be a 12 step program, SMART, therapy, etc.

4 Likes

https://tubitv.com/movies/691348?link-action=play&utm_source=google-feed&tracking=google-feed

An awakening for sure. This doc outlines kemetism, its inception and its appropriation.