Sponsor Question

So I think I have found a lady I want to ask to be my sponsor but what is the relationship like between sponsor and sponsee…can I call her whenever like just to say hi, I’m still doing good…I dont want to be a “debby downer” and only call when I am struggling

2 Likes

I am still looking for a sponsor but I believe that you can call whatever the situation you are in even when things are going good @MoCatt @Englishd can you give solid advice on this

2 Likes

Ok cool thank you

Most sponsors want you to call every day, no matter what is going on. I have had mine a loooong time, so don’t do that anymore, and we’re good.
I ask my sponsees to call every day and they can’t follow thru for more than three days, soooooo that’s the end of that. :unicorn:

I could probably do that…even if I had to set a reminder to help me do so

Good, bad or indifferent I talk to my sponsor everyday. I was pretty good friends with my sponsor before he became my sponsor, though, so it might be different. In the end a sponsor is there to guide you through the steps. Each sponsor does it differently. I suggest you ask her and see what she envisions her sponsorship to be.

1 Like

Ok I haven’t approached her yet, was curious about that too…as in would I just call her and ask her to be my sponsor …scared maybe she won’t as we live in different towns but we attend the same meetings.

I’d just go up and ask her next time ya see her. Generally people are very happy to help out

5 Likes

@Englishd I can easily do that.

1 Like

My old sponsor asked me to call her everyday for the first few months, and I did it. She did not always answer,but it felt good to be able to leave a message telling her how I was doing.

Sure - if you see someone to whom you relate well and)or whose shares you really like, just ask! I’ve never known anyone who wasn’t deeply touched and honored to be asked.

1 Like

Ok thank you so much. I’ll ask her at the next meeting or I could always suggest sponsorship as a topic for the next discussion

2 Likes

Did you end up asking her? Sorry if you answered this in another thread

Call for whatever it’s more than just business it’s a friendship it’s a relationship you want to have depth with.

That’s just me but I think it’s important to be completely open because when you really need to reach out (and you will) it will be easier hopefully because you have developed a relationship.

1 Like

It’s great if you find a sponsor :slight_smile: you could find one that you can relate to . Not nececearly best friends sort of like . Find someone who can guide you propperly, truthfully and challenge you . But there is some bounderaries to not cross too .Call when need it and sure would be happy when you just want to say hi and alive… I do got still my sponsor til this day after 4 years soon. I do hope you will find a great sponsor for you . Many great advices here at this tread .Best of wishes

1 Like

No the weather has been so bad here we haven’t met up face to face and I felt weird doing it over the phone

1 Like

Thank you very much I really appreciate that

1 Like

Anytime , and you are welcome :smiley: we all here help eachother here , just the way it shall be :ok_hand::pray:

1 Like

I think in person is better as well.

2 Likes

In person is way better, if they are willing they usually wanna chat for some time and get an outline of how the sponsorship is gonna work. Hell sometimes they start right away.

2 Likes

Here’s how my sponsee asked me:

So what do you want me to do?

“Read the doctor’s opinion and call me when you’re done”

3 Likes