Sponsor support

Need sponsor. How can I get one?

1 Like

Do you go to meetings?

I’m barely going to start

That’s a great start! A meeting is the place to get a sponsor. Have you tried asking someone there?

3 Likes

That’s the best place to look. Check out different meetings until you find some you like. Get your hand up if you’re struggling and let them know you’re looking for a sponsor. This shit ain’t easy but I’ll tell you after being sober for over a year your life will change if you stay sober.

4 Likes

I found a few meetings close by me & im checking them out to see where I feel more comfortable in. It’s hard. But I’m hanging on & trying to take it one day at a time

2 Likes

Are they AA or NA meetings that your are looking at going to. I believe that both AA and NA have apps you can download and they have a meeting finder that will display all the meetings within a certain distance from you. Even if alcohol is your doc you can still go to NA if the local meetings suit you better. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m looking into AA meetings. I found a few close by & will start attending today

1 Like

I’m glad you are open to meetings. We call that “the gift of desperation”. I had that. Big time. When I washed up on the shores of Alcoholics Anonymous I was a desperate man. Try as I might, I could not stop drinking.

When you get to a meeting, I suggest that you raise your hand and give your name when they ask if there are any newcomers in the meeting. It can be super scary, I know. But it will give some of the guys (or gals) a chance to see that you’re new.

“Bring your body, and your mind will follow” is another saying we have. Just get there. The rest will take care of itself.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It is very hard. I have attended two meetings so far & I have yet to introduce myself. It’s so nerve wrecking but it’s something that i know I have to do & conquer. I really appreciate you reaching out & giving me your input

It’s well worth the effort introducing yourself as a newcomer. Raise your hand, “Danni, alcoholic”. It literally that simple. You should be given a schedule and a list of phone numbers for you to call.