St. Patty's might be tricky🍀

This will be my first St. Patty’s day sober… hopefully. On day 16 now and l feel amazing. I have always associated that day as an official “party like a Rockstar” day… Where no one could really judge me for being super drunk.

I’ve heard a lot of people say its amateurs day!
:joy::joy:
All that aside, you don’t drink anymore so what’s the problem?

2 Likes

Bingo. Same for any other “drinking holiday”.

@Kayto13 you will get through St Paddys, buddy. Its a Sunday, perhaps find other plans just for the sake of avoiding idle hands? Perhaps something with family, or pursuing a new interest/hobby.
All days, including holidays, are exponentially better when we are sober.

3 Likes

This is true @TMAC… Lol… You can remember everything. I went through superbowl without drinking so l think l should be OK @anon12657779

3 Likes

Unless a leprechaun chases you down and pours booze down your throat I don’t know why St Patty’s day is any different from any other day. Nothing wrong with just hanging out at home.

4 Likes

I’ve been the amateur on St. Patty’s. Never been good enough at drinking to go pro. The night usually ends poorly as I’m sure this kid’s game of trampoline dodgeball ended.

2 Likes

You know…St. Patty’s day is really just another day in March. There is no rule that says you need to go out and drink. Even if it is considered a day off from Lent it isn’t like the Church is saying “you must do whatever it is you gave up for Lent on this day”. People just use it as an excuse to get stupid drunk and not be looked down upon for it.

Just treat it like any other day. Any other SOBER day. Cook up a little corned beef and cabbage or get yer Shamrock Shake from McDonalds (do they still make those???)

3 Likes

Its been known to happen…the Leprechaun thing…

1 Like

Breaking tradition initially seems tough. From my experience, it was like losing a piece of your identity. Memorial day was the the holiday I first encountered. Yes, its really just a day like any other day. I created a ritual on that day. Initially it just felt wrong to go against that ritual. I created a different one, a new sober identity for that day. Hindsight, I am glad I did. Not only did I keep my sobriety, but I created a more heartfealt ritual that would honor the memory I always memorialized.

1 Like

If you stayed sober through that incredibly boring Super Bowl game @Kayto13, you should be golden!! :joy: I’m thinking about making cookies with green frosting and that’s about it. And they sure do still have those shamrock shakes at McDonald’s, @VSue!

1 Like

I’ve never celebrated it. But if I wanted to, I could think of a reason to get super drunk for just about any day/ occasion. My advice to you is to come up with a plan for that day and stick to it. Turn your phone off and maybe binge watch some Netflix! You only have to say no to the first drink…

2 Likes

Spot on! Ritual… That’s the word l was looking for @anon46927530… Create a new ritual… I like that idea… And your right that superbowl was pretty dull @Forester96. @Allicat388… Netflix/Hulu and chill sounds like a plan👍

3 Likes