Star wars randomness

So Ben has never seen any of the Star Wars movies :woman_shrugging:
Trust me this was a big thing for me to hear as he also has never seen any of the Marvel movies. Those who know me know I am a huge comic and Star Wars nerd🤣
So I know what order we will watch the Marvel movies but I am trying to decide which order to have him watch Star Wars.

Do I start them as they were released 4-6, 1-3, 7-9 or do I go in chronological order or chronological order with all the individual stories added? I’ve seen them all so many times except the one in theater that it doesn’t make a difference to me but I want him to enjoy them and not get all turned around and confused :joy:

So if you were going to show them to someone Star Wars for their first time which way would you go?

• Order they were released
  • Chronological order (main story only)
  • Chronological order with personal stories included.

0 voters

1 Like

Looks like I’ll probably show him the movies in release order. Lol
Which is what I originally planned but the new ones all threw me off :woman_facepalming: :rofl:

2 Likes

While I HATED episode I, II, and III i think it would be good to see the background…

But since I started with IV as a kid and did just fine in life I suppose you could do it that way with no negative consequences. :smiley:

5 Likes

Haha, I was talking to my friend about this yesterday as we went to go watch rise of sky walker (which was really bad).

We agreed on the following order 4-5-1-2-3-6-7-8-9

So our argument was that 1 didn’t have anything significant in it and potentially could be missed all together and watching 6 at the end enabled the rest of the story to develop.

4-5-6-1-2-3-7-8-9

1 Like

4, 5, 6… STOP.
It’s going to be a bit harder sorting out the Marvel movies.

No star wars here either.
But also never seen breaking bad and GOT

See those I’m not to worried about watching in order. Lol
Just want to watch them with him.

Hey, if Marvel can release origin stories after the characters have appeared in movies that take place in the future, watching SW in order of release makes perfect sense.

Plus, I totally prefer it that way :blush:

Just to keep the Star Wars ball rolling cuz I’m addicted to it…
The ONLY thing Disney has done right is Rogue One. Everything else is :sleeping: Solo was completely unnecessary to make but cool to watch. Seven was ok, eight was :wastebasket: and I was so put off by eight that I ignored nine.
I will show my kids (if I ever have one) Rogue One first, then 4,5,6,1,2,3… and never speak of 7,8,9 Hahaha

1 Like