Start afresh

After over six months sober I have for the past two weekends had a couple of drinks whilst eating out. Both times I have felt awful afterwards physically, mentally and spiritually. I’m aware of how great sober feels which is why it’s a concern that I have still chose to drink. Considering options for my fresh start as I know I’ve got to do something different. Might see if I can find an AA or smart recovery meeting. I guess I thought I had this sorted. Anyway still feeling positive and thanks to this group for being there for all of us x

11 Likes

Glad you start again. The longer you wait, the harder it is to come back.
If you can do six months, you can do 7!
Go for it!! :facepunch:

2 Likes

Well done for seeing the light, many of us here have experienced the “we thought we had it sorted” route and we all know how that ends. Sounds like you know what to do though, start adding to your sober toolkit. You’ve done six months so you can do it again, lots of people here find meetings really work so I’m glad you are considering them, you know what to do.

1 Like

Thanks guys, it great to have you all to share things with.

1 Like

I think you know what you need to do. You say it in your post.
Even if you don’t go to meetings you know you need to up your game!
Mindset is the key. " I no longer drink!"
:grinning:

4 Likes

Glad you are back and looking for ways to sustain sobriety. I know how easy it is to slowly fall back into old ways of being and drinking being a progressive disease, believe me, it always goes south eventually.

You are smart to be back to sobriety and looking for new ways to sustain it.

1 Like

I recently relapsed and it started with drinking a few in moderation with dinner. A week later I was back to good ole blacking out and other fuckery. Point is that for me and many others, moderation just isn’t an option unfortunately. It sucks a big one, but sobriety is clearly the better option.

2 Likes

Well done on the 6 months add well done for identifying the continuing problem and finding your way back here. AA, SMART or other recovery programs can really help. Depending on what’s available around you, some try all the programs. Its worth trying new things withan open heart and open mind. Although getting sober can be hard, staying sober and living sober is where the real ongoing challenge lies. Keep coming back! :bird:

1 Like