Start and story

Hi, today is my first day, my start to a new life. It is a holiday today in Germany. Tomorrow i make a call at the local addiction hotline and i hope i have a meeting soon.
My awakening wasn’t possible until my girlfriend wrote a letter explaining what is wrong with her and why i am the fault and the cause of her problems. To be clear i am so close to loose my girlfriend and my first born child, my little daughter. My remembrance of the past years are not bad, because the alcohol already caused me to forget what is happening. Last night i had the ability to talk and listen to my gf and it made me realise how miserable her life was because of my addiction, because of me!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story mate. So many people in here with great advice and lessons. Look forward to seeing you around :blush:

2 Likes

You’ve identified the problem, that’s a positive first step. I try to prioritise whats of importance to me, my partner and kids are way higher on the list than alcohol, unfortunately we don’t always see these things as clearly as we should. Stick to the plan and make that phone call. Wishing you well on your journey.

3 Likes

Good luck getting to a meeting, taking the first step is always the hardest but the most worth it :muscle:

2 Likes

This is true. It’s good you have set up a plan to help yourself.
Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
:sunflower:

1 Like