Started my Honest Day One Sober

Today is my Day One. I reset my start day because I was drinking a beer here and there, telling myself that I had conquered sobriety which was bullshit. Yesterday I had two beers and I felt edgy and annoyed and therefore convinced myself that a few more would take the edginess away and realized I’m not in control and I’m playing with fire. I have decided to throw away any alcohol left in the house and to restart Day One today where I am completely Sober and honest with myself. My short-term goal is two weeks sober because I know from experience that are the most challenging. I know I will need alot of emotional support, thanks in advance!

22 Likes

Welcome! You’re in the right place. Read around & you’ll find many who’ve been in your shoes. Take it one day at a time, one step at a time. Every sober 24 hours is a win :innocent:

7 Likes

Welcome! Smart idea to throw the alcohol out. Everyone here is supportive and just awesome :heart: I’m glad you’re here and proud that you’ve taken that step in the right direction :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! This forum has helped me tremendously and I’m sure you’ll have the same experience if you use it to its full potential. Spend a lot of time reading and posting. Also, try setting your goal for 24 hours at a time. There’s no need to be thinking about 2 weeks from now when all we’re guaranteed is today.

6 Likes

How are you doing tonight?🙋

1 Like

So true Lisa, 24 hours seems obtainable and less stressful. Well I made it through the first 24 hours! Now halfway through my next 24 hours!!!

3 Likes

That’s awesome @Carluna! I’m so proud of you! Now think about how you’re going to get through the next 24 hours. One day at a time is all you have to do. Be kind to yourself. Sending you big hugs. :hugs:

Something that helped me: not one day at a time. One drink at a time. I had to say “no” to one drink…the drink that matters…the first drink. If.I could there couldn’t be a second or third or eighth, and I’d win.

Throw out the alcohol. Make it harder for that one drink to appear in front of you, and when it does, say “no” and you win.

1 Like

Donna, I am doing well. Staying sober and keeping myself busy. Thank you so much for checking in on me, very sweet of you!

1 Like

You got this :pray:t3: congratulations

1 Like