Startin Over!

Well I quit for a soild week in March. Prior to that 30 days back in 2017, 11 months sober when I got pregnant &had my beautiful baby. But now realize drinking flipping sucks. Its boring its pointless and its not who I want to be. Talking about it makes me see how saddeming it is that this drug takes and ruins so many lives. Well I want to live and thrive not regret drinking wine all the time. 2 days and lots of halloween candy later and Im here :grin:

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

It definitely sucks. I’m glad you’re here to give it another go and pull back out again. Remembering how much it sucked drinking is one of my motivators when I notice myself losing focus.

3 Likes

What helped me?

No alcohol in my house
Refigarator filled with nice food and alc. free drinks
Telling my spouse about my sober plan
Avoid alcohol related activaties and friends
Having a day counter
Taking a strong vitamine B complex
Taking melatonine to help me sleep
Be gentle to myself, like go to bed early
When craving: do anything but don’t drink so walk, run, work out, netflix, shop, study, whatever.
Be here every day to read and check in sober.

Congratulations with your 2 days sober! :tada:

5 Likes

Maybe a meeting might help you wish you well

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate the support. Excited to have an AF week

And Im beyond happy to be healthy for my kids too!!

1 Like

You are def right. Im trying online meetings. My area has very limited meetings thank you so much

1 Like

Thank you! Im going to start my bvitamins again and start yoga this evening again!! I love working out and will absolutely abstain but will hit the gym instead!! Thank you so much!!!

1 Like