Starting 2021 off Sober

Hello everyone :grin:
I am new to the forum. I have been sober since 01/01/2021 and quit smoking as well. They go hand in hand. The struggle is real but I have my small goals set and the long term is worth it. Taking things one day at a time for now.
I am happy to have joined here as reading everyoneā€™s stories helps to know that I am definitely not alone

9 Likes

Welcome, and GOOD ON YOU :blush::sparkles::heart: you have the courage within to do this. Life is better sober. This forum is a great place, read as much as you can and reach out when you need to. It gets easier, with time. Just donā€™t drink that first drink, say No. Tell yourself no. Donā€™t listen to that voice in your head that will start to try and convince you to have ā€œjust oneā€. If you donā€™t have ā€˜oneā€™ then there wont be a second, third or more. You got this :muscle:
Sober life = our best life.

3 Likes

Thank you @emc2018
19 days today! I am very excited to enjoy a better life :slight_smile:

1 Like

@planchette, I am using Champix as well to assist with the smoking and it is going well. I just need to stay strong some days :sunflower:

Welcome @MaDMexxie
Iā€™m glad youā€™ve been reading around here. Great place for support. Congratulations on your 19 days.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Thank you @Dazercat. Have a wonderful day. About to make myself a nice coffee to start this morning off! Happy hump day :balloon: haha itā€™s Weds morning here in Australia

1 Like

You must be down under since itā€™s only Tuesday here. Have a good day :blush:
Love the hat :heart: