Starting again now day 2 for the 100th time

New to this group im going tk keep trying to over come my alcohol I have a lot of obstacles in my life to do this. My husband is a alcoholic and has no interest in stopping so the drink is staring me in the face every day I am stressed out my parents are sick I take care of a 95 year old lady and don’t won’t her to leave the world on my shift. I have a teen boy with a girlfriend and a 8yr old with covid I have no time alone, and they all have been home even my husband do to a injury at work so I am taking care of him also with gives him more time to drink. Meanwhile I have all the normal house work plus. With all that im going to try again thanks for letting me vent im lost

11 Likes

hi, welcome to the forum, were glad you found it! im linking a very helpful thread to look over.

from what you mentioned youve got a lot of life trying you currently, and certainly adding alcohol on all that will only make the challenges greater. i hope you read a lot on here and engage w the community and find the forum to be a support to you and your recovery.

congrats on day 2 thats awesome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You have a lot on your plate for sure, that sounds very stressful and like sone relief would be welcomed. I don’t know about you, but I find the shame cycle of drinking was VERY stressful and so debilitating for my mental health. Once I was able to be sober for a bit, a lot of the stress of life’s challenges felt easier to handle. I was more rested, clear headed and just felt better. Sobriety is the gift you can give yourself to help you feel better and more at peace with your self.

I know it is hard when we keep relapsing over and over and can’t string many days together…I spent a long time on that hamster wheel. The key for me was NEVER STOP TRYING…fall down, get back up, repeat til it sticks.

You deserve some relief in your life, you deserve health and peace…sobriety can help offer that to you. :heart:

You may find some inspiration in this thread…I hope so…

And welcome!! Now you have all of us in your corner as well. :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for the support

Hi and welcome to you,
I hope you stick around, this app was very helpfull to me and still is.
There is loads of info here so take some time to read. There is also a daily check in tread wich we use for a sober check in.
Sorry to hear you are going trough rough times. But even if we have rough or good times drinking is not going to help :pensive:
So I’m glad you’re here!

1 Like