Starting Day 4 No Alcohol or Cigarettes

I am a singer mother of 4 on day 4 of no alcohol and cigarettes. I feel like my life is in slow notional and I can’t wait to get through the day. My kids are young so I am trying to do a lot of low key stuff with them until my withdrawal period is over, but today I stubbled. I focused on every problem and no solutions. I meditated on the past instead of staying present in the moment. I am praying for an accountability sisterhood in recovery as well. Thank you

10 Likes

Right on Carrie, so glad you’re here. Day 4 is tough, but we don’t ever have to do it again. We push forward with this daily battle and we get to live without the insanity. Hugs

5 Likes

Welcome and way to go on day 4! @MoonGarden i found my sober community here and in the rooms of aa.

Checkin and read around often

3 Likes

Iam on my day 5 without alcohol :sunglasses:
Keep on going - You are on the right path
:cowboy_hat_face:

Stick around here! So much inspiring and powerful love spreading in this community :globe_with_meridians:

4 Likes

Welcome, Carrie! So glad you joined this fantastic community that helped me get sober two years ago. Congrats on 4 days freedoms from alcohol and cigarettes!

2 Likes

Aw well done on getting through these first few very tough days. Quitting both is no easy task! I hope you are taking some time to be kind to yourself and rest (as much as you can with kids, I know that’s hard). Even just finding time to get some fresh air with the kids. Have you ready any quitting books, I found they really helped me in early sobriety, and checking in here :heartpulse: keep up the good work!

2 Likes

You are a champ :trophy: I only have one day without alcohol couldn’t have made it without cigarettes It’s next on my list but kudos to you :clap: Hang in there

1 Like

All my support from a day 2. At least: you Double me!!! Good job for today!!!