Starting over again here

I hit the reset button again. Ive been having a lot of money issues and relationship issues. Alcohol was helpful i thought to escape. Until the next day where i felt sick and was told of all the hurtful things i said. Blacking out is now once a month :sleepy: Its time to change. Any advice of how you deal with stress? I workout regularly and try to take walks. Meditation does not work. My mind doesn’t shut down.

3 Likes

I do a lot of things to help with stress. Get a planner and set goals for yourself if your stressors are financial or otherwise. Then create small attainable steps to achieve that goal. That can help you feel a sense of control. I run, draw, knit and cool as ways to handle stress. And sometimes I just veg out in my most comfortable sweats wrapped in a blanket and make some hot apple cider. Good luck

1 Like

First of! 1 minute big virtual hug!
Life will always give you challenges. Make a plan and prioritize correctly. As you see alcohol is never the answer especially when you’re already down. Talking from experience. I noticed that my relationship is way better when I’m sober. I’m only 19 days sober. But this is my millionth relapse. But am realizing that all my issues came from drinking. I sabotage my relationship and when I wanted to save money I couldn’t but yet I always found a way to spend it on alcohol. Maybe some journal therapy, boxing? Sometimes I grab my 45lb metal bar and pound it to the ground until I get tired. Maybe you feel like you’ve lost control. Be patient your mind is foggy right now. My psychologist says it take about 30-60 days for the mind to reset and detox. Once you get there relax and plan. You got this!!! Sometimes we discourage ourselves keeping us from achieving out greater selves. You are great you are amazing you have the will and strength!

Much love!! :heart:

Always reach out when you crave don’t be ashamed.

5 Likes

I’ve hit the reset button a few times as well; along with my husband. We both attended our first AA meetings last night

6 Likes

Meditation is nearly impossible for me too. I only have success with guided ones where someone soothing is telling me all the soothing things. I have also downloaded an app that sends me positive affirmations every 30 minutes. I read each one and spare a few seconds thinking how it applies to me in that moment. I write my own affirmation every morning before I do anything. And I live in the edge by reading a murder thriller IN THE TUB every evening.

1 Like

I’ve read this thread and everyone is spot on with suggestions. I just want to add that I have a hard time with meditation, too. So I don’t even try anymore. But I’ve got lots of hobbies and interests.
You can do this!!! :unicorn:

2 Likes

I keep hitting the reset button. I know i have a problem but after a day or two sober i think i can have a drink but i just can’t stop. I need to stop. I hate the way i feel in the morning and i hate not remembering thinks from the night before. I coppied the code for a 24 hr zoom meeting and im going to try it this evening. Im just not sure where to start but i need to stop drinking before something bad happens

2 Likes

Hi. Alcohol is a huge struggle to try and battle and one of the easiest things I think to relapse due to the easy accessibility. I truly feel and understand your stresses. First remember it’s one day at a time. You havnt failed remember that. Just start over. My advice is shrink down that circle and ensure you have people in it you can call at that 2 am phone call if needed. Don’t shy away from this battle. I’d tell the ones in my circle that I need the most support from. You also have us too. Idk how this app works but if there is a way to DM someone you can always contact me. I have a issue sleeping a lot of nights and sometimes it’s good to unload to a stranger.

All love to you , T

1 Like

Thank you for being there. I think the hardest thing i have to learn is to say no to alcohol and no thank you when offered a drink. I need to start there and i hope it gets easier in time. I so want off this alcoholic merry-go-round