Starting Over Again Hopefully Last Time

I did the same thing Monday. Had some wine and for some reason took Uber to the bars, intending to come home at midnight. By three I was blackout drunk…

Day 5. Ok feeling good made it through Friday night without going out and woke up early Sat to do some work. Gonna watch Tennessee play South Carolina then do some painting at the house maybe fit in a workout later. Momentum is going back in the right direction. Definitely feel more focused and motivated to not drink and stay consistant. Progress leads to happiness.

3 Likes

Well done 890! You’re on a roll. Day 8 for me and I’m feeling great but remembering to stay humble lest I get a big head and foolishly tell myself yet again “I got this” when I know damn well I’m one drink away from my next and possibly llast bender. Just happy to be alive right now. Hope everyone here feels the same.

1 Like

Okay day6. So last night I got invited out to go out and I did have one drink. And a sip of wine. But that was it and I had water and Red Bull for the rest of the night so I was pretty sober most of the night except for those. still feel great this morning however I shouldn’t make that a habit or else it’s just going to lead down a slippery slope. I am kind of proud of myself that I was able to stop even after being offered multiple drinks from various friends and other people.

1 Like

Day 6. So later that day went out with some friends and I had 6 drinks or so. Definitely got a little buzzed. So I’m not feeling hungover this morning but I didn’t get any good sleep. I always have weird dreams when I drink and this was no exception. I had this dream i was pinned down in a clearing in the woods with 2 or 3 snipers with red lasers trying to shoot me if I popped up. I had a gun but not enough cover to aim back. Then a green laser pointed on me from my back indicating I was safe and I got up and no one shot me.

So lesson is if you go out with friend is that normally drink you will probably end up drinking too. I want to socialize but need to find activities that keep drinking out of it.

Back to 0 Starting attempt #2

2 Likes

Me too, went to a friend’s cabin this weekend and had a lot of fun, I wasn’t going to drink, but ended up having a drink, only one, but like someone else said, it’s only a matter of time until I fall down the rabbit hole, and when that happens, I hate myself and I just can’t take the hangovers anymore.

4 days since I reset. Feeling ok headed to Tulsa to hang out with an old friend from college. There will be lots of beer for Octoberfest. I don’t see how im going to not drink since I know all my friends will be.

I’m not trying to be mean but read through your post again. What do you want?

1 Like

Sometimes I offer to be the designated driver to give myself an out, or say I’m on antibiotics or even I don’t feel like drinking right now, maybe later, and I keep saying that, I’ll see how I feel later, then it’s later and later, and I had a super fun night and won’t wake up with an awful hangover, and no one was the wiser.Good luck!

2 Likes

Day 1…Well starting over again…I drank Friday Saturday and Sunday. Alot on Saturday not as much the others. Gonna try just always ordering a icewater with lime everytime I find myself somewhere people are drinking. Long term goal is one year no drinking right now the farthest i made it was 110 days.

1 Like

Saw as cool video about emotional fitness and using times that are frustrating or make me angry to test my ability to overcome low vibrational energy and stop making life harder on myself by getting upset over things I can’t control. Also there was a good part about thinking of yourself as a balloon with all these tethers holding you down. Naturally you want to rise and move upwards but you can only do so once you let go of the negative energy, thoughts, and bad habits like drinking that keep locked in a durr sort of blah like state. I really just need to lock in the fact that if I just stay sober long enough I will reap tons of benefits that will greatly outweigh the “pros” of drinking and be able to have them without the cons of drinking. I need to learn how to control my emotional state without alcohol and feel good without making a big deal of it.

1 Like

Ooh that sounds intetesting. Going to look it up.
Awesome work with the quitting. You make it sound so easy lol but you definitely made a very good point there. I agree that it’s important to want to quit. I think I need to work on finding more reasons why I want to quit instead of feeling like I have no choice but to.

River,
Wine was my thing too. I’m a mom and it started affecting my kids and took me down a bad road. I’m 90 days sober tomorrow thanks to the program of AA. Life is so much better now. Good luck to you! (I did a 30 day rehab too). Worth every penny and every day I was there. Very grateful.

2 Likes

[quote=“Beach-girl, post:33, topic:20852, full:true”]
River,

Wine was my thing too. I’m a mom and it started affecting my kids and took me down a bad road. I’m 90 days sober tomorrow thanks to the program of AA. Life is so much better now. Good luck to you! (I did a 30 day rehab too). Worth every penny and every day I was there. Very grateful

1 Like

Day 2. So I’m also reading the 5 second rule by I believe it’s Mel Robbins and I’m going to try to use that tool counting down from 5 to 1 and saying shift whenever I start thinking about having a beer or whatever hopefully this can help me make that change in my thinking on-the-fly if I start to feel drawn back to drinking.

Poured out all alcohol in the fridge.

1 Like

I’m reading that book too! I haven’t made it work for me yet because I’m still lying in bed looking at my phone… ok, 54321:) have a good day!

1 Like

Day 3. So I I am headed to work and I feel like I’m getting more done the fog of being hungover has faded and is gone. Yesterday I felt like a machine just knocking out tasks like crazy at work. It’s amazing days that I’m hungover I just kind of stare at my computer screen and hope nobody notices that I’m not getting s*** done haha. And I really hate myself for it because I know that there’s important things that I need to be doing. Feels really good to have that sense of focus and concentration. I use the 5 second rule again last night to help me paint one of the rooms in my place I’m trying to get it ready for renters. My three goals for the end of this year or the next 3 months are to get it fixed up get to renters and sell my car and have one product listed on Amazon for sale. See how that works out. The thing is I know I’m only going to be able to accomplish these things quickly if I stay sober.

1 Like

Did you know Cardi-B has a friend that’s really into fitness. Her name is Cardi-O.

Day 5. It’s the weekend and I know Ill be tempted but I feel very strong in what I want. I want to be sober more than the temporary thrill of getting drunk. It feels good and I have a plan in case I get offered anything. Lime and water :slight_smile:

2 Likes