Starting Over Again Hopefully Last Time

Don’t go out! You see you’ve failed several times. You’re still weak so don’t go to places where you would be tempted. And that’s it! There is no other answer. It’s time to decide what is more important for you at the moment…‘have fun socializing’ or working on yourself and your willpower by staying at home until you’re ready

3 Likes

Day 7. So Saturday night I did go out. Sorry I like to test myself maybe it was a bit too soon but I just like being out and about. I went to my favorite bar ordered food and had something like 7 waters lol but no alcohol!! The girl to my right started chatting with me and quickly deduced I wasn’t drinking. I just told her I wasn’t tonight and she ask again later on and I told her I was driving home. Still she said “So you just like to come out here to judge everyone?!” I looked straight in the eye and said no I just don’t feel like it tonight. After that those sorts questions stopped and I went to the bathroom and when I came back she ask me the same questions she ask me before like my age, and my name, and I said you already ask me that then she got defensive and started saying something about white privilege so I said goodbye wished her a good night and left. Drove home happily not drunk or with a single drop of alcohol in me. I like that I know I have the strength and willpower to resist it even when I go out. I placed myself in a position where I could have failed however I feel like unless I test myself I’ll never build that willpower muscle. Sat was a very non stressful day thou and I will make sure not to test myself when I feeling weak or drained.

4 Likes

Day 7 still…just saw Thor by myself. I feel so calm. I’m not tired I’m just very relaxed. It’s a good feeling. Normally I’m hungover, heart racing, skin hot and itchy, super tired. Not this time.

2 Likes

Or you could just say you’re an alcoholic, and don’t want to drink because u don’t like the hangovers. I have found it very refreshing to be completely honest with people.

Whatever works for you is great, keep it up😊

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter how many times you quit and pickup as long as you keep trying. You keep searching for ways to overcome your triggers and you will find it. AA is a great place to go. I don’t want to preach or act like I know something but AA has helped me. Follow the steps go to meetings. The hardest part was walking in the door for the first time. Everyone has been great at all the different meetings I have been to. Try it. Do whatever helps you. I wish all of you good luck. You can do it.

3 Likes

Day 8. I’ve never been to a meeting but I know it would help. I think I’ll try to find one to attend and try it out. It’s always easier doing something in a group that has your back and can support you. I’m very independent thou and when I set my mind to something I usually always follow through. Not drinking has been the one thing I’ve had a tough time with thou.

http://www.aa.org/. This will show meetings in your area along with times. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Cool thanks @Butch!

Day 10…Still goin, painting at home. I have a friend coming to visit this weekend from Portland. She’s not much of a drinker so I doubt that it will influence me much. Planning to stay strong and stick to waters and lime.

3 Likes

Day 11. Got alot of stuff planned today no time to go drink.

2 Likes

Day 12…Not Today

I like that! Day 12not today… I’m Day 10 and not today :grinning:

1 Like

Day 12…Got an urge this afternoon around 5pm after hearing Up Down by Florida Georgia Line come on. Just realized almost all country songs talk about drinkin amd how awesome it is maybr thats why i liked drinking lol. Country musix brainwashed me lol. So just got this huge craving and went out downtown San Diego. I was about to order on then just ordered a lime and water instead Didnt think of it again. Got tired suuuuuper early like 845 and Went home nice and sober…go me haha!

4 Likes

Day 13…My friend is is town. She wants to go out and dance. I usually have a hard time dancing unless I’m drinking. Lime and water…lime and water…this is gonna be a tough night but I have the power to choose not to drink and that will be my choice all night. I’m deciding now no matter what. My mind is strong and made up and I will not be deterred from my goal.

3 Likes

Day 14…My friend ended up drinking however I did not stuck to my water and lime all night. Felt awesome this morning and well rested and well hydrated haha! So glad I didnt have a hangover, foggy mind, sore, tired, racing heart. Instead I felt calm relaxed well rested and made it to the gym and had a great workout.

2 Likes

Day 15…No work today. 4 day weekend for Veterans day. Made jalapeno popper chicken and a pork shoulder roast last night. Going to take some to my neighbors, get a good workout, and enjoy the day. Feeling proud and healthy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Day 16…Good day at work. Finished Stranger Things. Feeling calm and more focused everyday!!!

2 Likes

Day 3 Somehow I have to make it this time. Always find myself starting over. It’s a good morning keeping myself busy and added this app for more support.

1 Like

Way to go!