Starting Over Again Hopefully Last Time

You rock,Good job

1 Like

I love Stranger Things

1 Like

Day 17ā€¦Got my carpet pulled out today. I need to replace the subflooring then they are com ing to install the new carpet. Working on getting this place ready to rent 2 rooms. I need to stay focused more than ever to get this project done and that means no drinking, wasted days, hangover weekends. Gotta stay FOCUSED!!!

1 Like

Day 19ā€¦Feeling SUPER weak tonight really wanted to just go get plastered and drink my face off. I just finished a workout and it kinda passed. I also ate a bunch of food and donā€™t even feel like going out now. I feel like such a LAME retard not going out thou. Itā€™s like I wanna go have fun but itā€™s just not the same without getting drunk. Stay home I guess.

Day 19ā€¦UPDATEā€¦

Went out with my friend from out of town. I drove and dropped her off then found parking. Walking to the bar I put my headphones in and listened to Rihanna singing on Wild Thoughts. Immediately my mind started thinking of how good it would feel to hear it buzzed. I shook it off and told myself no I canā€™t I drove and I have to drive back. My mind kept making excuses for me telling me I could just quit for tonight and let loose a little since Iā€™ve gone 19 days why not I deserve it. I can just get an uber home and get the car tomorrow. Or just have a few drinks and still be ok to drive. Crazy what your mind will do sometimes to rationalize it. I sat down at the bar and the bartender ask if I wanted to see the beer list. I just told her no Iā€™ll have a water with lime. She seemed surprised and ask if I wanted food. I ordered a pretzel and beer cheese that was actually really good then paid and left. After that I kinda just decided to stick to my plan and only go with the water. At the end of the night I got an uber for my friend and I back to the car and drove home. On the way back we got funneled into a DUI checkpoint and the officer ask if I had anything to drink tonight. I was proud to say nope not a drop and be completely honest. He checked my eyes with the finger test and said ok great have a safe night. Felt so good to know with absolute certainty that I wasnā€™t gonna get a DUI and I just might have if I had decided to break my resolve and risk it just this once like I have many other times. So glad to stay strong and prove it to myself that even when Iā€™m weak I can stay sober if I just stick to my plan.

10 Likes

Day 20ā€¦ This sucksā€¦

Youā€™re doing great, congrats on Day 20. Btw you arenā€™t lame for not wanting to go out & get trashed. Itā€™s lame going out & getting trashed. Now that you realise itā€™s no fun clubbing without drinking, itā€™s time to find other ways to have fun. This is all part of remaining sober. I wish you continued success, you got this. Peace

3 Likes

Day 21ā€¦ Went to see a movie last night and distracted myself from drinking. The girl I went with is someone I know from church and said there are these connect groups where they all meet up on the weekends after church or other days and have potlucks or just go to a bar and talk some drink just water and others have maybe one beer but donā€™t get drunk. Iā€™d like to try that to just be able to socialize and have a little fun without drinking.

6 Likes

Same here, but time for a change and redefine. Fun. Find another experience to enjoy, new interests!

1 Like

Right there at Day 4 and itā€™s football Sunday my triggers will be high today. I like to buy peligrino water itā€™s a glass bottle and carbonated. Sounds stupid but it helps.

3 Likes

Day 22ā€¦I like doing the Sunday brunch and drinking bottomless mimosas on Sundays. Feeling the urge pretty strong. Iā€™m having bad thoughts of just saying fuck it and reseting. I feel like I canā€™t have fun or be myself unless I drink. Iā€™m like in this state of dial tone blah ness and nothing is exciting anymore. How do I have fun again without alcohol???

2 Likes

Try to focus on what youā€™re gaining by not drinking (clear head, no hangovers, more energy, better health, no guilt/shame) rather than what youā€™re losing. Sometimes when I think of it that way, the benefits of not drinking are much greater than my perceived losses.

1 Like

Itā€™s normal to have these feelings and most if not everyone feels the same way, initially. It takes practice and time to learn how to have fun sober again, but itā€™s doable - be patient with yourself while you figure it out.

1 Like

Totally agree! There are some super cool people at A.A. meetings who are real. 5 months for me sober in a week. My life is changing because of sobriety and working a program. So grateful. It can be painful, but so worth it!

What about getting a group of girls together for a paint night? They are creatively fun, hangover free and inexpensive compared to a night out drinking.