Starting over…again! Mentally exhausted, embarrassed, remorseful

Day 3 after a slow decline back into a mess. The mess was emotional which of course led back to the bottle. Starting IOP next week. Could use a sponsor and some encouragement!!!

6 Likes

Welcome back Trish, and good luck next week !

1 Like

hopefully you can get a sponsor at a meeting dont know if theres any womans meetings near you , i wish you well take care

1 Like

Great to hear you’re going to IOP. It helped me tremendously and I’m sure you’ll have the same experience. I transitioned to AA before leaving IOP to avoid any gaps in support and I’m glad I did. I’ve built some amazing new friendships in AA and look forward going to my regular meetings. Being with like minded people is a huge benefit.

Here’s some helpful information on sponsors:

3 Likes

Its great your here :hugs:
3 days is a moment to congratulate you, and please take a moment to be proud of this for yourself :hugs::grin:

@Lisa07 Thank you for sharing this, i am attending my second face to face meeting on sunday. I had a brilliant experience, i was excited to be taking another approach to mg recovery and woke up last sunday morning and my gut intuition told me i need to go… so i did. I am going to take a read of the link you added thank you.

4 Likes

Happy to hear you went to your first meeting and enjoyed it. Too many people come on here saying AA didn’t work for them but I truly belief it’s because they weren’t ready. Honesty, openmindness and willingness are a must for a successful outcome. It’s working well for me because I had the gift of desperation when I walked thru those doors. If we want sobriety bad enough, we have to be willing to try anything. I sure hope you have as good of an experience as I have had. I now say…“I went to AA for my drinking and I stay for my thinking.” :blush:

4 Likes