Starting over again, today

Made it one week but I had to reset the clock today. Drank a bottle of wine last night after work. Of course I regret it. I have a hangover today. Didn’t make it to church. Have a nasty headache. I know it’s not worth it. Didnt go home last night either. At least I didn’t drive but still… It wasn’t worth it. I know I can use this as a stepping stone. Another reason not to drink. I also need to cut off another bad influence in my life. Ugh. Back to day one…

5 Likes

Remember how this makes you feel, indeed it can be a stepping stone :slight_smile:
Welcome back on track :+1:

2 Likes

A week is still a week. You haven’t lost that time. You know the steps you went through to make it that far and you’ve come on here and been honest about it. They are both signs of progress. Don’t despair. You’ve got this. Learn from this experience and keep going. You’ve got this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just keep that desire of wanting to stop. You’re ready when you’re ready. Stay blessed in recovery sis keep coming back better yet stay :hugs:

1 Like

Remember how you feel right now, and remember you never have to feel this way again as long as you don’t drink or use.

It’s good you made it back some don’t unfortunately

1 Like

Yes I am definitely going to remember the feeling for sure… I’m not angry with myself I know I’m still in the beginning of sobriety. Before I would do a lot of self loathing. I know I am healing and last night was a lesson to learn from. Thanks for the encouragement

2 Likes

Thank you :heart: I know I can. I need to stay connected here too

1 Like