Starting over and over again

Thank you. I am very determined. I will get trough it.

1 Like

Glad to see you are back .

1 Like

Nah it’s a beautiful place to live. Things have changed so much in the last 20 years. I loved it here just wish we had more sunshine !! I would always recommend people visit ! In rural areas the landscape is similar to New Zealand. It’s no harder to stay sober here than anywhere else :slightly_smiling_face:.

And the grass MIGHT cut itself if the grass fairies appear !! :laughing:.

1 Like

Heya cate! What helped me alot was to get rid of all the alcohol in the house. It’s to much of a temptation.

1 Like

I’m checking in here now as often as I can. Like this I stay distracted with other things in my head. Determined to fight. I know I can do this

2 Likes

Here’s a good quote that might help.

“You can’t think your way into a new way of acting, you need to act your way into a new way of thinking”

4 Likes

Good to see you. Stay strong you can do it :blush:

And one thing. Share as much as you like on here. Nobody and I mean nobody will ever judge you. We are all singing from the same hymn sheet so never be afraid to talk or ask x

1 Like

Thank you I will definitely

1 Like

Keep staying strong we all believe in you… we all know and understand how hard it can be … x

1 Like

I love this saying … ive just written it down on my book . Thanks for this x

2 Likes

@Englishd Thank you Derek. In the short time I’ve been on TS, I pay particular attention to your comments (and a few others too - people with time & experience under their belt, and still take the time to support us newbies with their battle-scarred insights). You don’t mince words :+1:. I like that.

I agree. Actions are what matter. I am unfortunately still at the stage of working that out. What am I going to change? What’s my plan? How do I even create a plan? How do I make myself accountable?

I have a jumble of ideas … but nothing has ‘stuck’ yet.

Thank you again. Means a lot. x

Going to bed sober. Day 1 done good night all of you

5 Likes

Hiya @Ciska_Van_Der_Merwe I’m (currently) hoping that it doesn’t come to that. We’ll see. I asked my husband a while back if we could do that. He said no. He 100% doesn’t have a drinking problem, but he does buy mine for me :flushed::woman_shrugging:t3: He knows the volume I drink, and knows all of my issues. We talk about my therapy sessions. He is supportive. Right now, he’ll be fine with stopping buying my DOC (Bud Lite), but not his teeny-tiny amount of golfing beer, or his subscription to a CA wine club. I will drink his stuff if there’s nothing else readily available :flushed:

Of all the information on this forum that resonated with me the most, was the fact that I would have to be prepared to do anything to get sober! Anything!
Even if that means changing lifestyles.
Just saying :grinning:

1 Like

Be proud and sleep well :slight_smile:

1 Like

It took me almost 2 years to figure out that I couldn’t think, or talk, my way out of this one.

2 Likes

Good morning. I indeed slept sooo well. Hope you too?

2 Likes

Yes I have. Still got another hour here. Proud of you. Have a great day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning :slight_smile: hope you have a great day!!!

1 Like