Starting Over: Day 1

I hope from the bottom of my heart that this is the last time that I have to start over. I want my life back. I want my happiness back. I want my friends and family back. I want my sobriety back.

6 Likes

I’m glad ur here but I’m sorry u relapsed. I know all to well also about the chronic relapsing. U don’t have to live this way… honestly. It’s hard for sure but you DO have a choice (even tho it may not feel like it). Have u had clean time before? What has worked for you? What hasn’t? I often found that for myself I had to look back after every relapse and figure out what happened. What was I not doing for my recovery? Was there a person, place or thing that triggered my urges to use? What can i add or take away from my current situation to gain recovery?
Figuring out what I needed to do for next time helped me to get a plan in place and prepare for triggers that may come up.
Just food for thought!
Hugs!

2 Likes

Welcome K! Keep that strong desire to change in the forefront of your mind. It’s going to be hard when the urge hits you for your usual but fight it and tell it to eff off! I promise it gets easier. I was a stubborn one at the beginning but I’m almost at 2 years so YOU can do it too!

4 Likes

Lots of Wants there , try needs instead of wants ,maybe try a meeting something different might help .helped me stay sober wish you well

1 Like

We all need that hope. However, hope alone doesnt change the world…action does.

What things have you been doing to keep sober? What hasn’t worked? What can you do to keep sober?

1 Like

I can suggest a good (and inexpensive) book… it has helped me to get BACK on the wagon.
It’s the “Stop drinking” (or words to that effect) book by Allen Carr.

It reminded me the other day that alcohol adds NOTHING to my life, though it certainly does do a lot of harm.
Did you know that if you drank something like only 300 ml (I can’t figure out how much half a pint is in the metric system) of STRAIGHT alcohol, it would kill you probably before you got to the bottom of the glass ? That wouldn’t happen with water, or juice… hell, or even Coka Cola !
Anyway, you should check in on this site quite regularly. One of the mistakes that I made (when falling OFF of the wagon), is that I stopped checking in here.