Starting over day one again

So I gave into the cravings and this freaking disease and went out drink and did cocaine last night. I had 25 days and now I’m back on day one at first I was happy to be hanging out with my friends having a few drinks then of course, as it always does, and changed as a night went on, and I wasn’t so happy anymore, I’m feeling really disappointed in myself and sad

8 Likes

Ive been there before, a lot of us have. It took a whilento realize that as long as I have friends who drink and party, I’ll too drink and party. It got to a point where my sobriety and my life was more important than my loyalty to my so called friends. Turns out, no one missed me. Great friends huh? Its par for the course.

Get back up and look forward and maybe, find some sober pals to hang with.

4 Likes

I’m going to say something that may be somewhat controversial… But regardless of the relapse, that time that you had clean DOES count for something. I know in NA they act like it doesn’t count for anything, but it still matters. Be proud of yourself for making it as long as you did, and be proud of yourself for reaching out. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. I’m here to talk if you ever need a friend!

6 Likes

How sick and tired of this cycle are you? It can be last time you ever feel this way. You just have to put the work in. You can do it!

5 Likes

I agree…nobody can take our sober time away from us. It had value. We just gotta look at why the relapse might of happened…learn and try again

3 Likes

Relapse happens when you dont have defence against the first drink for me i went to AA and i had the desire and made the effort ,maybe a change of mindset is needed try a different way sober friends will help put your hand in the fire and trying it again expecting a different result dosent work wish you well

2 Likes

You can’t grow without a little pain and suffering.

For me i have found that nothing changes until i change it. No matter how long am sober i must know i cannot never drink again. 1 is to many n 1,000 is not enough something like that. Start your time over and keep pushing forward. Wishing you well on your journey ODAAT.