Starting over... relapsed again

Same here @Lisa26
Next up is Saturday. We got this!

3 Likes

@Paul697 Yes :muscle: I will try to be productive for sure.

2 Likes

I’m right there with you. I relapsed last night and I’m new to the community as well.

6 Likes

How you doing?

2 Likes

@Kayers3 Welcome :hugs: How are you feeling today?

1 Like

@Here.I.am I’m okay. I made it through day 2. Just sad thinking about all the mistakes I made over the years. Trying not to relapse in the morning

3 Likes

You’ve got this. :clap:t2::coffee:

2 Likes

Welcome @Kayers3 and @Lisa26. Happy to hear you are going strong on almost 3 days. You got this!

4 Likes

Today is day 2. Mexican for dinner liver feels great
Turning down the margarita is my challenge for the day.

3 Likes

Welcome @Kayers3
@Lisa26 I think it’s better not to dwell on past mistakes. We’re not perfect but we can be better right?

2 Likes

@Paul697 Yes stay away from margaritas! I’m proud of myself. I went to the store and had to pass the wine aisle. I didn’t even look that way. Day 3. I’m starting to feel a little better so I do not want to have to go through all of this again

2 Likes

Yeah not doing this again is so key

2 Likes

Off to my daughters musical and then buy an alcohol free Mexican dinner

1 Like

We’re at a Mexican restaurant now as well. Im proud of myself. No desire. Actually watching the people at bar take shots makes my liver throb. No thank you! I cleaned my closet earlier and found an unopened bottle of wine. I didn’t pour it out. Just threw the whole damn bottle away! :muscle::pray:

2 Likes

Couple other really good podcasts I’ve come across that have helped me immensely with my own recovery are

• Recovery Happy Hour
  • The Rich Roll podcast
  • Oprah’s SuperSoul Sunday
  • Brene Brown Unlocking Us
  • Phil in the Blanks, Dr Phil
  • Busy living sober
  • The Addicted Mind

Also, Russell Brands podcast Under the Skin and his YouTube channel and books have been SO amazingly helpful! Especially his book: Recovery.

1 Like

That’s awesome @Lisa26
I ordered and got just the food
Still so long to go but at the moment I’m doing great

1 Like

@Paul697 Proud of you! We got this

1 Like

Thanks
Right back at you

2 Likes

Keep at it and stay strong I did permanent damage to my liver and know all to well about that pain. Best to stop now before damage is permanent. Your liver can repair itself. But only to a certain extent hope your weekend is going well and the temptations low.

2 Likes

Thanks @alexnm
Your encouragement helps.