Starting over today for me

Hello everyone my name is Bee . As you can see this is my very first day sober and I feel more then ready. I’m afraid and willing, I’m at the bottom flat on my face, lost my son 5 years ago and I’m tired of dwelling and being angry and completely high unable to cope. Yesterday was my 14 yrs off of heroin and today my drug has been meth. The ultimate not sure whats in that drug any more makes ya feel sick drug . I am ready to handle this with complete surrender.
At the moment I’m feeling happy but I also know that this lasts for a short time and then the urges hit and if I get stressed out I really think I need it. Ugh it sucks but I am ready and taking my 1st stand . I did this same thing with heroin I wrote in my journal after detox constantly and went to meetings and unfortunately covid prevents meetings here where I live.
If any one has any advice I’m willing to listen on how to stress manage or anything at all I would be grateful. And thank you for taking time to read my post .
Sincerely Bee

6 Likes

Welcome Bee! This forum has helped me tremendously and I’m sure you’ll have the same experience as long as you stay connected with us. Sounds like meetings have helped you in the past. Have you considered online meetings? There’s many options out there. I use intherooms.com but here’s a link you may find useful. Resources for our recovery

2 Likes

Ty so much and I will be doing that for sure. Thank u Lisa. :heartbeat:

1 Like

Welcome Bee!! :heart: Congrats on your long time off heroin. I can relate going from one addiction to another…so I feel you there. It does sound like virtual meetings might be helpful for you!! Also, reading and participating here a lot can help too with the community aspect and also a place to turn and reach out when cravings strike. I hope you stick around. :heart:

2 Likes

Ty Lisa i appreciate it . I’m changing my phone number today and resetting my phone . I will be doing that after this reply but immediately after that I’m installing this app first and getting back on here. Again ty I’m really happy I took this step . Its been on my mind for awhile now.

3 Likes

Thank you I feel welcomed. It means a lot.:heart::heart:

1 Like

Warm welcome Bee :slight_smile:

1 Like