Starting to go to AA meetings

I’ve been rereading a diary of mine from 2016, it’s basically taken up my entire evening.I have had a really long and frustrating journey since only two years ago (total of six… ) But I think tonight I’m starting to understand where I am a little better.
When I step back and think of how miserable and awful I felt in the past, it kinda makes you appreciate the present you know?

But I never thought I’d get to a place to allow myself to actually kind of enjoy AA. I know and totally get why it’s not for everyone, I’m not even religious, but the sharing stories with genuinely good people that just want to help is kind of inspiring.

Anyways, just wanted to end my day with a high note. Tomorrow will hopefully be meeting number 4 in the last week, 5 ever. 50 hours sober and not even missing it. Normally by Day 2 evening I start get cravings.

5 Likes

Well done so far, I’m not religious either but used to attend the AA meetings and could relate to alot of the stories shared. I’m 10 days sober but will probably face a disciplinary soon at my work for attendance issues so whilst I’m happy to be sober I’m also a little annoyed with myself. Good luck on your journey and make sure you get to the next meeting :clap::blush::+1:

3 Likes

Thats great going to meets as you said not for everyone but you enjoyed them your no longer alone wish you well

AA terrified me, my anxiety made it almost impossible to concentrate and get out of my own head. But support and community is a very important part of staying dry, I’m really glad you are getting something positive from it.

1 Like

It’s a spiritual program. I use the group as my higher power.

1 Like