Starting with day one again

Don’t remember the last time I was on here but last time I was I had 45 days of no hangovers and bad choices. It’s time to start over again but this time I hope to have years under my belt.
Went to a women’s meeting tonight and felt great to take the first step again and admitting I am powerless over alcohol.

One thing that I know will be the hardest is living with an alcoholic that hasn’t chosen to help himself yet, but I love him and wouldn’t know what to do without him in my life.

8 Likes

Your last post was ten months ago :+1:
It’s good to see you back and you went to a meeting.
Did you stop going to them before?
I know you want this person in your life bit of its going to threaten your possibility of Sobriety you may have to be prepared to give up on them I’m afraid :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve only gone to like 4 meetings years ago and didn’t get into them, but I was barely 22 years old and thought they were stupid…but now I am older and wiser.
I’m going to start going to Al-anon meetings soon.

2 Likes

I would suggest trying to go to thirty meetings in thirty days, I think that everyone should try this as it gives you the best opportunity to entrench yourself in the fellowship and get a good understanding of it.
I have been to nine NA meetings in the past eleven days.
Unfortunately there is one night of the week here in my part of the UK where there’s is no meeting. Keep coming back. :+1::+1:

I got the pamphlet that has all the meetings around my town along with a bunch of numbers from the lady’s at the meeting tonight…I’m going do the 30 meetings in 30 days. I never realized how big AA is til tonight.

3 Likes

Oh it’s humongous especially in the States, the recovery situation is awesome over there. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well done for taking the right actions to get back on track :muscle: im in the same boat at the moment and find meetings and coming on here daily, plus honesty is your best bet to getting more sober days, wishing you well!

Welcome back @Suzrene!

It will be as big as you want to make it for yourself, if you get comfortable at meetings, try some of the out of the room events like a round up/BBQ. They are pretty cool people.

Welcome back lady, one day at a time, will get us to where we want to be.

2 Likes

I relapsed too. Can only seem to get a few days in before it happens. I’ve got some triggers I’m not identifying I think. Bit I won’t give up. I’m gonna keep using this app for support and I’m gonna try again.

I cheated on the 30 meetings in 30 days…there were way too many people at the meeting I wanted to go to tonight, I am not a big crowd person. But I’m still sober and planning on staying with a friend tonight instead of being around my alcoholic boyfriend.