Staying out of Jail

Hello People,

My name is Kevin, I am from Los Angeles California and was recently released from the county jail. While I was locked up it was a horrible and frightening experience. I had been there once or twice before, but this time it was extremely violent and i was forced to join a gang
against my own will. I remember how much i would pray when i was hiding in my bunk trying to avoid having to be involved in what was happening. I remember how scared i felt and how depressed and hopeless i was every day. I was released to a treatment center on September 29th this year (2023) and i was not supposed to get out. I take it that it was a higher power :battery: giving me one more chance at a free life and for that i am so greatful. I started this topic for people to discuss their experiences in jail but more importantly their experiences in how and what they do today to stay clean and sober and out of jail and prison. Please feel freer to join the topic and share your experience, strength, and hope. Let me know what it was like, what happened, and what it is like now. Feel free to just check-in as well.

Peace and love to everyone!

Kevi n

16 Likes

Im glad you have another chance at freedom and sobriety @Kevi-kev

I was in jail for a weekend for a friday night dui. They stripped me naked and took out my jewelry (i have alot of piercings). I cried gut wrenching crys for hours. Im sure i was annoying as fuck but i couldnt think of others i was fearing for my future after trying so hard to do things right. Fuck addiction and the stupid shit we do.

I remember praying to god to never drink again if he lets me get out of this with some future. I got a good (expensive) attorney and best possible outcome. Yet i still drank and drank and drank for another 11 years. Successive rock bottoms and finally i was gifted with a broken soul and desperation. Now im working on my sober comeback!

Life is better than ever and my soul isnt so lost

4 Likes

I spent an overnight night in jail for a DUI. Thankfully it was a rural county jail and it wasn’t too awful. One large room with bunks and quite a few young women who were separated from their children for various reasons, some for long periods of time. It was sad. I was fortunate then and don’t want to go back.

2 Likes

Thank you for starting this thread.

2 Likes

Hi @Kevi-kev
Welcome! I also don’t have lived experience of jail, but I have a step-brother who has had several stretches in prison here in Australia since his 20’s and a massive part of the cause was robbery to get money for heroin and other drugs. He is turning 50 in December and has managed to stay clean and out of prison for around 7 years and I don’t think he will go back to that lifestyle.

Anyway, more importantly I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us and send you loads of encouragement to stay on track!

Lots of blessings from Down Under xxo :kangaroo: :koala: :dromedary_camel: :sunny:

4 Likes

Sounds like you have your answer, stay clean, and you will stay out of jail. Welcome to the club!

2 Likes

Hey bud,

There’s an American woman on social media called Jess Kent who talks all about this. She was an addict, was in prison for 3 years (I think) and she details all of her experiences in really good detail; even down to how to go shopping and keeping calm. I really recommend her for anyone in your position :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hello Kevin and welcome to the Talking Sober family. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Nothing to share from me, but I hope to see you around on the forum, posting, sharing more and just taking part in this community.
Nice to meet you :smiley:
:squid:

1 Like