Staying sober during the pandemic? You can do it!

Stay safe and Sober! Wash your hands!

14 Likes

Course we can do it.
The virus wonā€™t make us drink.
We are the only thing that can do that.
Remember, we donā€™t let people places and things affect us.
And anyway, how useful will we be to our family if we were drunk/high?
Stay safe and soundšŸ¤˜

15 Likes

Being wasted, depressed, filled with self loathing and anxiety and being hungover are definitely not how I want to live thru this. Seriously, how horrifying is that!?! I feel so incredibly blessed to be sober. Anxious, but sober.

18 Likes

I agree, a sober clean mind is the only way i want be. I actually never even thought ā€œman i should just get fucked upā€ over this ordeal, that tells me that my way of thinking is changingā€¦ thank God.

8 Likes

In addition to feeling like crap if we drank/usedā€¦ I think about the potential injuries & repercussionsā€¦ what if we were tipsy and fell? Or kids got hurt? Last place I want to be is in a hospital emergency room right now. Not just for risk of germs but to not clog up the system of those in need. Being sober means being clear headed to not panic; being sober to care for my family, friends, those in need. I can drive if I need to. I might feel anxious at times but Iā€™m present. I need to be present (and sober) to be a good mother, wife, healthcare professional & community member

8 Likes

Truth. Not to mention our tendency to expose ourselves to danger when drunk. A trip to the store for more booze is much riskier these days.

6 Likes

im in

its kind of motavating and a bit kind of hourning to me to do so. im kinda thinking like , challenge accepted

let alone all of the motavation and examples you guys have put in

2 Likes

Or just expose ourselvesā€¦

5 Likes

And I donā€™t mean to a virusā€¦ :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

(Those hospital gowns are pretty skimpy too, lol!)

1 Like

You know I been drinking a lot during the last three years of this shit show and it never got better. I always felt worse the next morning. And things kept getting worse. Well things are still a great big dumpster fire but Iā€™m sober and happy about it and realizing I cannot drink any problems away. Iā€™m pretty glad Iā€™m sober and healthier. I just donā€™t believe a drink is going to help.

4 Likes

I am right there with you. Not once did I ever feel the urge to drink with this going on, and rarely do I ever think about drinking. Iā€™ve had my moments, but those moments pass by so fast. So glad to be sober. Itā€™s the absolute best feeling in the world, besides unconditional love lol

5 Likes

Agreed, plenty of anxiety lately, but drinking has not crossed my mind. I am thankful for that. I cannot imagine the shitshow my brain would be if I was drinking.

4 Likes

Lmao shit show for sure!!! I know the feeling. I still get the quick thought of ā€˜holy hell Iā€™m sober, what a great feeling!ā€™ Idk what I would do if I was drinking rn. Lose my mind for sure :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Yes yes yes Boots?
Gotta remember our sense of humour.
Best way of lifting our spirits to my mind.
If we canā€™t laugh now when can we.

1 Like

Iā€™m finding it hard, friends. Iā€™d kept my habit in check because I travel for work and only used at home (my partner is a much heavier user than me). But now Iā€™m stuck at home because of the virus restrictions and Iā€™m terrified everything will spiral out of control. Iā€™ve tried so many times to stop and donā€™t have the willpower. Iā€™m hoping to find inspiration from this community. Thanks for being here. If you can all get and stay sober perhaps I can too. Sending you best wishes

5 Likes

You do have the willpower. Itā€™s just your addiction is strong. So you have to be stronger.
Dig deeper than you have before.
It what everyone else has done.

1 Like

Here there is no change of relapsingā€¦ the alcohol is plunderd 100% almost :joy:
Dealers dont drive and im staying at work for free cooking for elderlyā€¦

1 Like