Staying sober on election day

That is really nice to hear, thank you! I’m glad to see you’re still around you weren’t too active around when I left. Nice to see a friendly face right now… And gifs!:grin:

3 Likes

You too! I was just having a laugh at what you posted on the Political Meme thread. I have a feeling I should just go ahead and mute that one for my own sanity though. :smirk:

2 Likes

I think my activity here depends on my stress levels. Working on that with my therapist.

Hubby wanted to watch the (stupid) news, so I’m in bed . Love early nights :+1:

I reached 1 year two weeks ago. Still can’t believe it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s nice to see you back. I’ve missed you. I hope you’re doing well. :blush:

1 Like

That is seriously so so wonderful! Amazing! Incredible! I am so happy for you! I’m just going to go ahead and pat us both on the back for getting through our first year of sobriety in 2020. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m struggling. Day 453 sober today. Had a big out of state move, lost a lot of my supports and then with the elections this week… I just figured I better get back to the forum. Good to see you!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re struggling. Stick around here with us. 453 days is a great accomplishment though. I remember how well IOP helped you. Too bad they couldn’t give you referrals out of state.

2 Likes

Thanks Olivia. I love Trevor :heart:

1 Like

This prolonged election is testing my sobriety :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

this week has kicked my emotions into overdrive!

2 Likes

Tell me about it!! But I know drinking isn’t gonna help a damn bit. I’ve been kinda just going dark myself around here. But drinking. Not gonna happen. I know drinking will just make me a worse asshole about the whole thing than I already am.
Hang in there. It’ll be over someday :grimacing:
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Totally!!! I see you are also from Colorado :muscle::+1:

3 Likes

Just keep in mind…drinking/using won’t make the votes count any faster. It is what it is and we’ll have the results when they’re done.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

2 Likes

The fact that either of the will be president is a good excuse to get loaded.

Im gonna stay sober to spite them both! :muscle:

7 Likes

Spite sober for the win! Has served me many a time.

7 Likes

Why?
Can people not separate themselves from what is going on in the outside world?
What does it matter who is in the Whitehouse?
How is you drinking gonna change anything at all.
It’s like saying I’m going to get drunk because I’m stuck in lockdown. (Not gonna happen, ever, by the way)
The problem is with ourselves. Just an excuse to let our addiction in.
Nothing and no one should affect our staying sober.

Also, the serenity prayer is good here.
Just how much of what goes on in the world is within our personal control?
The rest we have to learn to let go of.

3 Likes

The 2000 election took 35 days to resolve. Whatever is going to happen, will happen. Just resume your life and adjust to whatever the outcome is, when settled.

8 Likes

I agree with this but tell that to my very “engaged “ 17 year old son. And my 13year old daughter for that matter. I told them by December 1 we would have clarity. It’s rough right now.

3 Likes

Well, my rights are directly affected by the result of the election so it’s hard to separate myself from “the outside world”. I’m also not at all religious, but thank you.

Thank you!

1 Like