Step 1 completed

So I’ve completed step 1 for the second time now because I recently came back from another run. I’m so grateful that I’m willing to do the work again because 2 weeks ago I wasn’t ready. Wanting to read the literature from both fellowships, working steps, I have a commitment for coffee on 2 days out of the week so being of service, trying to do this thing to the best of my ability one day at a time. Hopefully work it Sunday with my sponsor who celebrated 35 years yesterday. So yeah here we go again :blush:

11 Likes

Get after it! You are focused and know where you want to be. I’m glad you made it back. :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you :pray: I’m doin :blush:

3 Likes

Hi Anthony
What a great example of a sponsor you have: 35 years! Wow!
35 years of “one day at a time”
And look where it can get you!
Welcome back on the sober path! :facepunch:
Maybe you are a sponsor some day as well! :facepunch:

4 Likes

Yes I love that man very much he’s heavy in the suggestions I don’t want to do but like he says “all I have is what the program has taught me & the steps if you don’t apply it I don’t know any other way to help you” I understand that this time around. I have to get through the one thing that’s messing with me and that’s telling my mom I have relapsed again. At first I wasn’t willing at all after some talking, and enough denial I came to a decision to make it up in my amends, but as soon as I get my car running and things squared away to be able to be on my own I’m Going to tell her because her and her husband will kick me out & I’ll go to sober living. It’s not that that has bothered me to say anything it’s the disappointment and pain I’ll see them both go through once again from me using. I just have to trust my higher power that it will guide me in my recovery…haha from the looks of it this time around I don’t see a better way to live than to help pull someone out the darkness I once knew. In the mean time I’ll just work on my 24 hour reprieves from active addiction to the best of my ability. Stay blessed in recovery and thank you :pray:

7 Likes

Im so proud of you :hugs:
You will do the right thing, you never know your mum might actually thank you for telling her, most of the time people around us already know they just dont want to asmit it because it hurts then too.
She may allow you to stay as your working the programme.
If not then maybe sober living is something worth trying.
Your doing so well to get back on track and im glad your sponsor and you are together working this.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Twizz. Man yes we will see in the mean time I’m just doin the next indicated step to better my life :blush:. Stay blessed in recovery Twizz glad you’re still kicking ass :pray::raised_hands:

1 Like

Sounds like you have a great attitude and motivation. Good on you for getting after it!

2 Likes

Thankfully Im hungry for my recovery again. Thanks Rosa :pray::relaxed:

2 Likes