Step 3 Completed it's onto step 4 finally

So finally after months of holding on to my chair, having some reservations on a power greater than myself that I can turn my will and my life over and trust is finally complete. I have been done with this step for months but didn’t feel the connection so I said I wasn’t ready. My sponsor has patiently waited for me to figure out whatever it was I needed to figure out of course with some guidance from him at times that helped me a lot. I’ve really been practicing on not complicating the shit of things, & letting things be as they are, remind myself how grateful I should be today for the accomplishments I’m making in my life.

I’m so happy to move onto step 4 and of course not totally excited. I know it’s what I need to do for myself to feel like I’m taking the next indicated step too become the man I’m supposed to be in all aspects of my life. I do the steps because I see, and feel the results of when I do them. Like my sponsor says " it’s not the substance it’s the behavior" I’m willing to do the foot work to continue my journey. an old timer shared once “If you do what you always did you’re gonna get what you always got” so I’m doing things different.

9 Likes

So proud of you!! Step 4 is a dousy. You’ll want to take your time and be thourough. Wishing you well @Jftself

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it I’m gonna do my best and not procrastinate on it at the same time be as honest and thorough as I can be :pray:

4 Likes

Good for you Anthony.
I’m starting step 4 this month too.
I was going to do a step a month. I’ve done the first 3. Again. I’ve never done a step. I just read I should take my time with step 4. So I’m going to do what reading I can. I got my Paths To Recovery in Al-anon. And I got my Blue Print For Progress. It’s an Al-Anon 4th step handbook. And I got my Reaching For Personal Freedom. Another Al-Anon 12 step work book. It’s not quite AA. But it is definitely modeled after AA and it is :100: Step work.

Do you mind if I join in here if I’m willing? I don’t have a sponsor and not sure what I’m doing. But I’m putting this out here to make myself accountable. And I would be interested to see what your doing on step 4 if in fact your posting any of your step 4 work.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Hey Erick that’s cool man sure man be glad to have you post on you’re progress from here. I never really thought about posting on exactly what I’m doing, or how. That’s a great idea though especially for accountability. I’ll be working out of my green and gold step book guide from N.A. so far I have read the “Basic text”, and going to finish “it works how and why” tonight. My goal is to tackle a little bit everyday while out of town for work.

I will post my progress here as best as I can and would be cool to see you do the same. A 12 step program is a 12 step program and I respect that. So hope to see how you’re going about things soon. I don’t know how long this will take me it’s a Loooooooong step for me hahaha. I’m going to do my best to be as thorough as possible. I guess the other thing I’ll share for now is before I start my readings & writings I ask my higher power for guidance, and the strength to be honest. Have a good night man :v:

3 Likes

Well damn what a trip I’m writing on resentments at this moment. I’m on people right now, next is schools, government, religious, correctional, civic if any. I Just got off the phone with my sponsor asking for some advice. I’ll check these out thanks :pray:

3 Likes