Step Four advice

Starting my fourth step. I’m scared and nervous. Anyone here doing this step? Anyone who has done it, any advice? I thought i was ready to do this. I know I have to do it. I only hope I’m honest

2 Likes

Don’t be scared. It is so freeing to know the parts you played in the demise of your own life so that you are aware, leave it in the past and recognize it going forward so you don’t make the same mistakes again or let the resentment and fear take you out. Good luck and remember a clean house is a happy house!!

Also do small bits at a time if you get overwhelmed stop and go back to it. You don’t have eat the elephant all at once when you are starting with the ass!

4 Likes

Thank you. I’m overthinking. imagine that!

What worked for me is sitting down and writing most of it out in one night (not really recommended though). Also write it as if the 5th step doesn’t exist.

See if your sponsor has any worksheets that they use.

1 Like

thank you. I ordered a step 4 workbook. My sponsor has 20 years sobriety and is a very kind person. That helps

That’s excellent. My sponsor had a specific worksheet that he had me use. In the end be thorough and honest. And remember, you can do this step again so don’t feel like you have to write a novel of every resentment you have ever had. My sponsor wanted me to focus on the big ones that are usually on my mind, or causing me issues today. But I know some sponsors want a ton of writing.

1 Like

I’m doing my 5th and 6th step in 2 hours. I’ll let you know how it goes

1 Like

Yes. I would like that. Thanks

I have to hide this book so my daughter doesnt see it. My sponsor told me a story about someone burning it at the end.

1 Like

Lol to burning it. I know a lady that should have burned hers. Her husband found her 4th book years later. Annnnnd there was some stuff he didn’t like in there.

3 Likes

I’m almost finished with mine for me
1-I set aside at least 30 minutes a day no phone no tv no distractions 2-I pray every time before I start writing 3-I seek guidance from my sponsor when I’m in that morbid reflection or stuck.The main thing is to be honest and thorough.Like the Nike slogan JUST DO IT!!My Sponser always asks me how free do I want to be. :pray::v:

2 Likes

Do you recommend doing it longhand? I downloaded an app but it seems impersonal

100% burn that shit. That’s my plan for sure. That does not need to be available anywhere for anyone ever. Because I am a terrible person :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

If you’re anything like me you’ve been thinking about it for a very long time. You just need to put pen to paper. Maybe it will be great to get it OUT of your head.

1 Like

You’re Not a terrible person pal. Just a sick person. Just like me

4 Likes