Step one first time

I’ve never done or even tried to do the 12 steps, but I do know I’m powerless over alcohol. Absolutely.
I am powerless.
I am also, not 100% sure how to work this step. What’s the process? What do I need to know?

4 Likes

I’ve done 2 online meetings today and for the first time
, I’m actually learning about recovery.
I can do this.

7 Likes

Yes you can! Well done on doing the meetings, so many on here speak very highly of the AA. I think you are amazing for doing this. It’s hard to admit that we are powerless over alcohol but taking this step is the biggest we have to take. Be gentle with yourself, take it nice and steady one step at a time. I find this place so helpful in my sobriety. I come here everyday. I’m honoured to be on this journey with you. We can do this together :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

How do I find a sponsor?

1 Like

You just did step 1 with your post, and continue to reinforce this everyday. Good for you for getting to meetings. I love my sober communities. Go to as many meetings as you can, online or in-person. You did a HUGE positive thing today, @Dancingwheel.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I need to tell you this but when finding a sponsor they recommend that men sponsor men and women sponsor women so things don’t get complicated

1 Like

I’m currently 133 days sober. :partying_face: :confetti_ball: :tada:

I tried doing the steps and meetings, etc., but it just was not the right healing modality for me and my personal journey.

Congratulations on 133 days sober that’s awesome keep up the good work