Still high and broken

Today the penny dropped after 20 years of addiction and darkness

I realised today my recovery was always my choice and in teach, , I just look in the the wrong places and over thought everything.I believed that my addiction problem steamed from a very complicated place only too realise today it’s sometimes the smallest answer that can bring the biggest change…

So guys follow for the full story

I must go rest

5 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Welcome to the community.
Have a great rest and look forward to the beginning of the rest of your life :slightly_smiling_face:
Come back and celebrate your sober day with us, also come and get some support if it gets tough.
:hugs:

4 Likes

Welcome!! I hope this community helps you…it saved my life.

That right there, can be a life changing epiphany! Now that you know its a choice, what are you going to do?

5 Likes

I am locked in for your full story. What you said resonates with me because it was the simple answer that made a huge difference in my recovery this time around. I stopped wondering all the reasons I wasn’t a normal drinker, what childhood traumas, genetics, triggers played a part, and just admitted I drank because I’m an alcoholic. That simple. Glad you’re here and you prioritized rest. Come back to us and tell us more when you can.

5 Likes