Still new, saying Kia Ora/hello and sharing my story

Firstly if this come across a little scattered please bare with my bipolar mind.

Im Travis, resonsably new here, I live in Aotearoa or more commonly New Zealand in the south island.

I was always a heavy drinker having worked in hospitality doing bar work for some 12 years I learnt how to drink like a fish at some point in 2014/5? I ended up getting clean for 1 and a bit years. Tools to help balance me.

From sometime in 2017 or so i started drinking again and slowly it got worse and worse.

To 2022 Id been talking about stopping for a while again but never actioned it, untill now clean time says one day less but today I am 10 days clean.

I was up north on my family land burying my uncle, whilst sitting around with my cousins i reached out in my head to my ancestors and asked for help.

I feel as if this has helped and they have come through i feel renewed and freash ready to finally take this journey with their help.

Today I now say I dont drink and am no longer even interested picking one up.

I know im new, i know its early days but my gut tells me now is my time to get through this. When i have everything im no longer willing to let this stand in my way to bring my empire down.

One love/Ko Tahi Aroha

12 Likes

Kia ora Travis !

Love to know those words in Maori !
:heart:

1 Like

Welcome! Keep sharing your story :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will indeed, i forgot how good it is to be part of the recovery family

1 Like

Im still very new to learning to Te Reo Maori the language of my culture. I try to intergrate what i know as much as i can and learn more

2 Likes

Iā€™m Dutch, never been to NZ. So I donā€™t know any Maori except from some novels :joy:
But itā€™s an interesting culture, glad people are keeping the language of Aotearoa alive !

1 Like

Tena koe Travis.

From the South Island too mate

Congrats on 10 days thatā€™s awesome.

1 Like

Chur thank you my bro, good to see other people from Aotearoa here

1 Like

One love I presume.

Iā€™m doing a bicultural teaching degree with a kaupapa Māori focus, so likewise I am trying to learn the reo. Trying to learn some of the conjoining words atmā€¦

2 Likes

What are your interests bro do any hunting or gymming? Three years clean here, Iā€™m down in invercargill of all places studying at Otago uni but originally from Blenheim.

1 Like

Nice, quite outside my realms. Im into art, gaming, music and cars mostly.

Tattoo art and body modification.

I live a very chill life.

I work in water reticulation, like drainage but just deal with renewing water mains.

1 Like