Stop trying to " clear or stop" your mind... meditation

I was so frustrated trying to stop or pause my mind while meditating. I met a Buddhist who is helping along my path.
When I told him of my frustrations he laughed…your brain is part of your central nervous system or whatever you like to call it…can you stop your heart from beating? No…damn …ok starting to get it.

Meditation is about facing issues head on…not “stopping” your mind…I’m learning…this made me feel much better…hope it helps you…love and light your way.

5 Likes

I guess you mean while your meditating you let those feelings or thoughts in and then you let them out. Like it’s ok if your mind wonders as long as you get back to focusing on your breathing. Let it happen and bring yourself back. I find my goal is to be at a place of peacefulness without battling with my thoughts and not getting frustrated when my thoughts come in.
:pray:t2::pray:t2:

4 Likes

Frustration and stress are very hard to over come. I am trying meditation for the first time. It is very hard to do. Good luck on your sobriety.

2 Likes

Much more eloquent…well said…watch it…let it pass.

1 Like

I like the guided meditations and that’s what I stick to. It works for me. When your mind wonders. And it will. Just think about your breathing. And you know what? Your mind might wonder again. And again. It’s ok. Just go back to your breathing. Takes practice. Lots of apps out there. I use the Breethe App.

1 Like