Stopping cigarettes

I will be honest I relpased on cigarettes, its horrible because I didn’t smoke for a day or 2 then I started having chest pains and headaches am not sure if it’s the body recovering, but everytime I smoke am not feeling it as it was … so I have decided to stop the cigarettes cold turkey, there not helping and there just making me worse internally and I can feel it.
I sure I will do fine without them

3 Likes

When I quit :smoking: 30 a day it did a real number on me. Was coughing up black shit for weeks, chest pains headaches, irritability to the point of anger. I think I even had a few fully fledged huffing for air, pouring sweat, panic attacks.

That was over a decade ago, I never ever have a desire to smoke anymore. It doesnt even cross my mind at any point ever. I’m not depriving myself of anything because I don’t even think about it.

You can do it mate and once you do, you’ll be so glad you did.

Edit: just remembered that I used the nicotine gum. Preferred it to patches because it was immediate and it makes your mouth taste like you swallowed an Ash tray. :joy: Helped keep me away from the smokes.

Hey @Joseph265
Good luck with giving up the cigarettes.
I’ve posted this before. I thought I’d post it again. Check it out if your willing. It help me.

I got some tips if your interested. I smoked many years ago and my boss paid for us to do a stop smoking clinic. It worked. I didn’t just quit smoking. I STOPPED smoking.

Anyway. The things that worked best for me were.
First 2 weeks.
No booze. U should have that down already I hope.
No sugar
No caffeine
These things are all triggers.

Drink lots of water. Seriously drink water like you’ve never drank it before. Helps flush out the nicotine.
I got some worry beads to keep my hands busy.
Get a straw. Keep it in your mouth and suck in fresh air. I remember waiting tables and I always had a straw in my mouth for about a month. Even taking orders. It was definitely a conversation piece. I found the big fat McDonalds straws work the best. Cut them in half.
Drink lots of water.
The most fun or interesting part was mess up your brain. Smoking is a habit right. Start messing up all your habits.
Sleep on the other side of the bed.
Drive to work a different route
Use your spouses car if u can.
Sit in a different spot for dinner.
Shower in the evening if u usually shower in the am.
You get the idea.
Did I say drink lots of water?
Good luck. I didn’t think this was going to be this long. But it worked for me. Maybe because my wife and I were planning on starting a family back then and I didn’t think I’d be a good example being a father with a butt in his mouth. But I had tried before and nothing worked until I had all these tools to help me.

Good luck. God bless.

1 Like

Thanks a lot am drinking a lot of water I even have an app for it because I have never really liked drink water.
This decision is also coming because am about to be a father also, so I can’t be smoking to indirectly kill myself he needs me so I am doing this for him, my girlfriend and I.

2 Likes

:joy: am feeling your pain it’s irritating no lie am drinking lemon with boiled water to atleast have a relief of some sort

1 Like

It’s worth it once you get over the hump.

It can be rough, no lie, but you can do it. I was real partial to drinking lots of water or fizzy water and substituting sugar free Life Savers for cigarettes… It helped me. Glad you are making this change!!

Lots of water, and lots of time in the sauna.
If you have access to one…

Hi @Joseph265. Sorry that you have to go through this, it sucks.
My experience with quitting smoking cigarettes was similar to what a few of the other members described. After 15+ years of smoking when I finally did quit I had a terrible cough for almost a month. And generally felt crappy/a bit sick off and on in the beginning. It does get easier but, like with all addictions, you need a plan of some sort in place. Things can get challenging in the early weeks and it can be easy to get knocked off course.
Sending strength your way.