Story time

I’m 23 days off opiates my roommate is 70 something days off opiates. The dishwasher wouldn’t work the other day, the handle wouldn’t catch so it wouldn’t start. We pulled it out and unscrewed it from the mount and pulled apart the handle trying to figure out what the deal was…turns out there was a spatula sticking out of the rack too far, keeping it from sealing. So now when there is a problem we say to each other “are you sure it’s not just a spatula” to remind ourselves that not EVERYTHING is a goddamn emergency. Life lessons I thought I would share with you, my recovery friends. Ask yourself if it’s just a spatula before you lose your mind over something. Much love! ‘Gnight

26 Likes

Ha, nice! This is going to stick in my head a while.

Yup, people at work are going to get really confused when I start saying this. Especially since I work in a restaurant/diner. And that’s a thing that could be a logical question. But, not no more!

2 Likes

“are you sure it’s not just a spatula”

Ha ha ha. I love that!!

1 Like

Roommate is also my business partner and we have a super busy week this week so we’re just dealiriously shouting SPATULA at each other when we cross paths now.

2 Likes

I had an issue diagnosing a car today. I got so fucking technical diagnosing this misfire testing electrical shorts and all it was was a damn spark plug wire arching in the spark plug tube . 🤦 oh well im paid n they got thier car running…lol

Gotta make sure it’s not just a spatula (or spark plug) before you go crazy over it.

Love this :grinning::call_me_hand:

This is so good. I’m going to say this to my coworker next time she’s being an asshole. She already thinks I’m nuts so this’ll be fun😂