Straight edge/Hardcore thread

One of my favorite straight edge band back in the days. Still a kicker, still got it on tape in my car :rofl:
UNDERTOW

Try to cut me down
try to break my spirit
But you will not BREAK ME DOWN

2 Likes

From Helsinki, Finland, a new vegan edge metal band. Hitting hard, the singer (a woman) even has a few great clean singing parts. Ffo vegan edge metal :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Cageless: Phaneron

1 Like

What a band what a song, if you like punkā€¦

New track from one of the best modern straight edge band: Magnitude

3 Likes

New EP (two songs) from swedish Times of Desperation :metal:t2::muscle:t2::blue_heart:

My favorite old school punk/hardcore band. Everything theyā€™ve done is a classic :blue_heart:

1 Like

The new Magnitude is going to be sick :blue_heart:

1 Like

Incredibly good newcomers, Absolute Truth, from Chicago

Ffo of typical straight edge hardcore sound

2 Likes

Just listened to the whole album. Pretty fuckin good!

1 Like
1 Like

Ahhhh I am listening to it right now, already three times in a row (ok, easy when itā€™s only 19mn :grin:).
The birth of a modern classic :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

No current ones but, in my opinion, you CANā€™T go wrong with some of the OG bands of that genre and the 3 BEST, in my opinion:

Minor Threat
Youth of Today
Gorilla Biscuits

However, I was a punk rock skateboarder in the '80s so ā€¦ Iā€™m a wee bit (not so) partial. And I was NOT Straight Edge, then, so THAT oughta tell ya itā€™s great music!

2 Likes

You surely canā€™t go wrong with these !
You donā€™t have to be straight edge to appreciate these bands. The quality of their music speaks for itself, and they are so inspirational in many other ways than the basic XXX
I was friends with skateboarders in the early 90s, they get me into these bands, and melodic punk hc bands like Pennywise, Bad Religion or NoFX. I still love all of them.

2 Likes

Line Brawl from Denver Colorado

Happy Fuckin Edge Day!

1 Like

From the UK and from the ashes of xRepentancex: Temple Guard :hammer_and_pick::hammer_and_pick::hammer_and_pick:

1 Like

I canā€™t remember how to do the HTML on here! Been too long

2 Likes
2 Likes

This album is so good, I used to listen to Time Stands Still likeā€¦everyday :grin:

1 Like
1 Like