Straight edge/Hardcore thread

Ha, to be honest I would probably do the same. Such a charismatic and inspirational guy. I’d love to see them, that will be awesome!! Maybe they will come to the UK aswell?

June 24/26 in Manchester, outbreak fest, with 1000 great HC bands :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Woah, that’s awesome!!

Edit - Terror aswell!!

Oh I’ve seen terror live like 20 times :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Scott vogel, the king of Punchlines
Turnstile, knocked loose, rotting out, incendiary, drain, year of the knife, one step closer (such an awesome positive band), etc etc. Solid line up indeed

This is my kind of thread!! Totally going through this tomorrow at work! Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Yes, this thread should be alive and kicking hard!

For @Hailstrom, great straight edge UKHC (youth crew style) :INSIST

1 Like

I’m really into the vegan straight edge hardcore too, I’ll post some if anyone is interested. It’s definitely more metal than hardcore. It sounds so angry, it heals chaos👊🏻

These guys are great, cheers. The youth crew style is my favourite, but I like anything really. And it doesn’t have to be edge, just good old hardcore is welcome too.

Vegan stuff is cool too (although I’m not vegan myself) , I like Earth Crisis, Ecostrike, XElegyX, a few others. Get em posted :+1:

Might aswell start with a classic

2 Likes

Oh I clearly remember when this came out, game changer, we were like “WTF!!”
I saw them a few times live, always great.
Them and ARKANGEL forged the XVX sound :ok_hand:t3:
I’m not vegan too, but vegetarian for 27 years

1 Like

Nice. Yeah, Arkangel are great. From Belgium right? They would play a lot in the UK back in the day, saw them a few times.

Yep from Belgium. Not edge anymore after they met our french legends Kickback :grimacing:
But all the xvx bands sound like arkangel, Slayeeeeer riffing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Haha, Kickback are awesome! I still spin Cornered regularly :ok_hand:

1 Like

Ahah! One of my good friend played drums then guitar for them. Legends. Although definitely too much negative :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl:

1 Like

That’s awesome you mentioned Scott Vogal I did a double take! I used to play in a band and I played a show or two with him when he played in Slugfest. The band I played in was strong point.

Link below is a site with a bunch of old flyers. I went to a lot of these shows!

2 Likes

That’s so awesome man ! Great memories :ok_hand:t2:

Those old flyers are great, they always are. Smell DIY so much, and that is what hardcore is all about :wink:

1 Like

These days I’m stuck on this very angry band : CONTENTION

From florida! How can you be so angry while living in Florida :man_shrugging:t2:
That True detective sample is gold :

• What’s with the water?
  • Booze tends to take the edge off. I wanna stay angry.
    :joy::heart_eyes:
3 Likes

Another band with Have Heart’s Pat Flynn
Those lyrics :heart_eyes:

FREE: out of darkness

I’m so tired of waiting
And weighing me down
Into the swamps of sorrow,
Dark and alone
With no one to blame
But my own
Hands tied,
Mouth sewn,
Eyes shut,
Hope broke apart,
Like that fearless thing I used
To call my heart

Come out of darkness: light

No more sitting silent
In the dim dark
Shadows of self-doubt
No more bowing out
And down to fear
No more darkness

Out of darkness:

More
Light of love
Light of day
Light of hope
Light of rage
To stand,
Not kneel,
To the great weight of the dark
And tear it out

2 Likes

Nice thread! Check this out. First 7" (i think) by Reaching Forward. In the netherlands they were quite big early 2000’s.

2 Likes

Thanks, i never heard of them and i like it. The singer is good!
And thanks for freeing me, as i’ve posted too much here and was blocked :grin:

Mindset: Leave no doubt

2 Likes

Haha, always glad helping to free people :grin:
Cool band, i’m always happy to discover new (to me) bands.

1 Like