Straight edge/Hardcore thread

In times of despair, maybe my favourite in that genre, clever and uplifting lyrics
HAVE HEART: The things we carry

2 Likes

You say nothing has changed for the best
I say it starts with oneself
The best way to start to make a change
Is to change the world within yourself
Then tomorrow will be a better day
If everyone changes their own way

It starts with you
It starts with me
Continue to fight to learn what’s right

Change within

:v:

1 Like

Still got that tape in my car :joy::v:t2:

1 Like

4 Likes

I’m not sure what I like more, that you listen to Bold in your car or that you still have tapes :smiley:

1 Like

Ahah :rofl:
Yeah well, only a few, i’am a Spotify guy now. And of course i like BOLD, Speak out is such a classic!

Oh, I found 3 tapes :man_shrugging:t2: in the middle of the woods a few months ago. What were the odds ? Police, simple minds and New order. I play them in the car ahah. My younger daughter asks for them when she’s in the car, she finds this tape concept funny and cool !

That Ian MacKay meme :joy:
He is some kind of a god… Teen Idles, Minor Threat, Fugazi, I love them all

1 Like

Bizarre! Amazing that kids now find it a real novelty. Makes me feel old haha. I have a modest tape collection, mostly the more unusual death and black metal stuff.

Gotta love Ian, just the best :+1:

1 Like

Yeah well…she’s 7, for this generation there is no such thing as “solid” music, it’s all dematerialized.
Spin a vinyl, you’re David Copperfield !
I will never forget the face of my older daughter when I showed her a functioning vinyl for the first time like 10 years ago.

1 Like

:laughing: I love this!

1 Like
1 Like

Yes he is! Strange, we talk about him and i just received a Minor threat shirt with the simpsons replacing the band, same iconic pause :hushed::joy:

This YOT video man, they really put vegetarianism in the game back then and before earth crisis with veganism :metal:t2:

1 Like

Nice, I think I have seen that image before.

I’ve wanted one of these for ages. I don’t think they are a real thing tho. Not to buy anywhere sadly.

2 Likes

Oh yes, good one, never seen it before!

The one i got from mail today

3 Likes

Dedicated to those who are struggling

PURE: Holding Strong

BEING CLEAR MINDED ISN’T IN FASHION TODAY
DRINK DRINK DRINK IT’S THE ONLY WAY
TO SIMPLY ABSTAIN IS TO OFFEND
WHEN’S THIS SHIT GONNA END?

3 Likes

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

And now some Battery. DC straight edge hardcore, one of my favourites sXe band of all time. Never had the chance to see them live.
BATTERY: only the diehard remain

3 Likes

Yes mate!!!

And snap!

3 Likes

I’m not a great fan, although i’ve listened to start today quite a lot. When they came to play in portugal 5 yrs ago i hopped on the bus to go and see them :grin:.

5 Likes

Not straight edge or even hardcore honestly, but it echoes a lot of the sentiments I think. I still love this album as much as it did when I was 15 and the lyrics seem just as relevant now as ever. Certainly gave me a good kick in the backside this morning.

2 Likes

New Berthold City!

3 Likes