Straight edge/Hardcore thread

From BRASIL, amazing album, amazing vegan straight edge band. One of my favorites of this genre. Multiple singers. Brasil has a very strong scene.

Point of no return: Centelha

This would be my last post here for a while I guess, I’ll be in jail
on the charge of posting too much :rofl:

2 Likes

What a band! Still happy I got to see them at this fest. The infamous trashfest that is, great times!

2 Likes

Awesome !

Ten Yard Fight, from Boston and the youth crew revival of the mid/late 90s :facepunch:t2::v:t2:

3 Likes

Not current I Kno a couple old who were dedicated to straight edge veganism from awhile back

1 Like

My good friends from socialized crucifixion used to be on that label with Gather and seven generrations. Interesting times lol

1 Like

Socialized crucifixion, thanks for the tip I like that!
Being on New Eden records among bands like Gather, 7 generations, Tears of gaia or Cherem, that’s an accomplishment!

By the way you don’t have to be straight edge to participate here :wink:
Everyone is welcome.
As the only music style nailed to a sober life, this sXe thread must live as long as Sober Time :v:t2::facepunch:t2:

Casey Jones, edge side project of the band Evergreen Terrace :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

One of my favorites

1 Like

But don’t post too much because than you get blocked!!
How does that work exactly? When do you post too much?

Ahah :joy::sob:
Yes, after three consecutive messages you’re blocked until someone else post, to avoid spam!

I see. I 'll try to be more active here. I’ve not been on the app much lately

1 Like

Betercore! One of THE bands in the underground scene of the netherlands around year 2000. It was a mix of sxe-ers and drinkers. Shows always a chaos, famous for playing not more than 20 minutes, but on full energy.

1 Like

MORNING AGAIN: Stones
Finally saw them live 3 years ago :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yes! I love Carry on :v:t2:

1 Like

Bloody hell blast from the past. Used to have this on vinyl. May still do!

I haven’t really read all of this but used to love hardcore back in the 2000s…American nightmare, hope conspiracy, bridge 9 records etc

Never really liked the straight edge thing bit did enjoy a few bands.

I haven’t read the whole thread but year of the knife and inclination are two great new-ish straight edge bands who are worth a listen

2 Likes

Saw American nightmare in Atlanta in ~2015 or 16 and it was fucking nuts!

2 Likes

I saw Year of the knife last week live…as the singer didn’t get his visa, the girl usually on bass was on vocals :grin: she was very good… angry as f
She even came on the Terror show later to sing a part of Spit my rage (in your fckng face bla)
Epic

1 Like

Amazing! I saw them in 2003 twice …one time was amazing and the second time was pretty bad. I think they were done at that point and there were only about 30 people there!

I really liked cold cave too which (in case you don’t know) was the singers band afterwards.

1 Like

Awesome! I don’t go to many hardcore shows these days so I’ve never seen them. Loved the last record though so would like to at some point!

I went to see touche amore recently though who I thought were really good! Not really straight edge but they bring the early 2000s hardcore emo vibes which I stil love!

1 Like