Stressed on day 1

Once again alcohol has thown a wrench into the life I was building. I have to essentially start from scratch again. I alienated friends I made, I had a job and house I enjoyed for the most part. I barely remember throwing it all way and every morning and night since I have been dying inside because of drinking. I just have to keep pushing forward and not give up. One day I know I can beat this disease.

10 Likes

Welcome Doc.
Today is a great day for a day 1
Everyday is a day 1 for me as I do this one day at a time. ODAAT.
Have a good read around. Lots of great supportive people on here trying to stay sober just for today.
The lights are always on, join in when your comfortable
I’m headed to the Gratitude thread. That’s how I start my day.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

When I quit, it took me 8 months to realize that sobriety required a lot more than just not drinking. It required major changes. Changes in routine, changes in friends, changes in behavior and changes in thinking. The only problem is, I didn’t know how, so I came here. I was here everyday, reading, learning and doing.

Try coming here, read, learn and do. It’ll help.

10 Likes

It takes a lot to stay sober. What have your tried?

4 Likes

Congratulations on 1day its major n a start o living a new life n new way. Changing everything about me and first forgiven myself for everything was a major start for me. One day at a time and sometimes a min. I wish you well going forward on your journey. Keep coming back n it works if you work it.