Struggle of addiction/sobrity soundtrack

Whats your go to songs that talk about the struggle (not glorification) of addiction or that talk about sobriety? Bonus points for links. heres one of mine cryptic wisdom- let me know .Cryptic Wisdom - Let Me Know (in the studio) - YouTube

5 Likes

Two songs in particular come to mind:

“Sober” by Tool
“Weak and Powerless” by A Perfect Circle.

Just the titles alone are self-explanatory. Pretty poignant stuff.

4 Likes

Those are both really good. Saw tool live a couple years ago at aftershock. Needless to say it was amazing.

2 Likes

3 spring to mind for me, the first being Johnny cash,s cover of hurt though not strictly about recovery nor glorifying using that song helped me through my first child turkey heroin detox .
Second would be sober by kc married music and thirdly I can’t recall the name of the song but it is by collichie.:+1:

2 Likes

Im going to have to check them out. Ive listened to hurt obviously, but ill have to check out the rest.

1 Like

Is the collichie song “drug addiction”

1 Like

That kc makes music song hits hard. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

It is I listened to it after commentingđź‘Ť

1 Like

Ohh nice topic, some that come to mind:
-Hate me by Blue October
-Dear Alcohol by Dax
-Digging my Grave by JZAC

2 Likes

Alcoholic - Starsailor

1 Like

Rehab from Amy Winehouse.
Because it reminds me about how addiction can end :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Dear alcohol is a great song. I like the version with elle king. Its definitely paet of my playlist lol. Ill check out the others

1 Like

My song suggestion is not directly on point (classic lawyer talk). But I listen to it often as my “one day at a time” anthem. The song is “Now, by Dave Carroll. It is hauntingly soothing and keeps my eye on the prize — one more day sober. Here is the link.

2 Likes

Love Jason Isbell

4 Likes

Too Much is Never Enough- Bob Moses

His songs are usually quite calming to me. This one, however, brings up a lot of emotions in me. While I was still actively drinking, but desperately wanting to quit, I’d have to skip it bc I couldn’t handle it.

“And when I find myself down on the floor,
I’ll ask again just what I do this for.”

Great topic BTWđź‘Ť

3 Likes
1 Like

Thank you. I just feel like music is so powerful. It connects us all. Im a very music motivated person. So i appreciate all tgese recommendations

2 Likes

Don’t care for the cover but it’s a great song about the outcome of addiction.

1 Like

I’ve never heard that one. Will be adding it to my Playlist :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

This is my “get the fuck up and live life” song. It gets me hyped up when I’m feeling low.

1 Like