Struggle to conquer

I’ve been battling addiction my entire life trying to fill the void and gabs of what I really need in my life love patience kindness, also known as my triggers it’s a love-hate relationship been sober for A bit then crash today had a couple drinks my mind buckles what’s the point of being sober things get so real so harsh? I think the explanation of my life in one word could be harsh. I truly want to be sober I want to know a life without addiction. Without a cause and effect when it comes to addiction anyhow. I’m trying my best to find a better path to create positive addictions.

2 Likes

Im much the same as you 5 years in a pit of self medication you can do it its took me 8 months of aa detox and now im 22 days sober and i feel great you just need to get over that first initial week ,feel free to talk anytime we are all here to help eath other

4 Likes

Welcome.
Picking yourself up and getting on that sober path can be hard. But it is so worthwhile once you get some sober time.
Here is an introductory thread with lots of resources
Welcome to the forum! 2022
Btw, not sure from your post, but are you drinking right now? One of the forum rules is to not post in the main forum when under the influence in case it triggers another member. If u are drinking, I will move this thread to an opt-in ‘under the influence’ area where u can continue to get support :purple_heart:. And then the main forum will be waiting to support you on ur sober journey :relaxed:.

1 Like

Keep fighting my friend, Do your best and leave the rest to God, keep your foot on the gas pedal and keep going.

1 Like