DISCORD NA meeting & Recovery support group! (AA members welcome to join)

Addicts & Alcoholics welcome! OPEN meeting, which means we allow non-addicts to participate if they choose to. Currently we have no Nar-Anon members. Habit-Addicts welcome (gambling, etc.)

°•☆ YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED! ☆•°

■ THIS GROUP / MEETING IS HELD VIA DISCORD! PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO ATTEND IF YOURE NOT OKAY WITH USING THIS APP/SITE. ■

I’m hosting a virtual NA/Nar-Anon meeting, someday, when I’m able to get 5+ SURE attendees. It will be via call (not Zoom), mics and cameras are optional. Text replies/shares during the meeting are valid and will be read aloud by probably myself and/or if I get someone else to lead the meeting. Meeting will be approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours long. One time occurance to start, possibly repeated if attendees are interested.

NA Topics included may be: JFT (Just For Today) reading, Step 1 discussion, Basic Text Reading, ‘Sharing where I’m at’, ‘Ask-It Basket’, and/or Speaker. [Chair’s choice] It will be run like a regular meeting if you have ever been to one, including the typical secretary script, “Who Is An Addict?; Why are we here? ETC.” to be read.
Nar-Anon topics: sharing about the experience of knowing a close family member and/or friend who is an addict. No direct responses from attendees allowed during meeting.

Celebrational 24-hours, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 1 year, 18 months, etc. included. Celebratory MEETINGS for YEARLY clean times only. Celebrated attendee/member will coordinate with chair as for what they’d like to do for the meeting.

Meeting will be held in English.

Shares will be limited to 3-5 minutes at a time. “Double-dipping” allowed only if nobody else has something to say. Raising hand or texting a share twice or more is allowed if someone who has not said anything does not wish to speak. No cross-talking, “war stories/glorification (more info TBA for attendees),” chair will keep track of who speaks in turn and how many times they have spoken.

Members with 1+ year WITH IN-PERSON sponsors, who have completed AT LEAST steps 1, 2, & 3 are allowed to raise their hand or identify themselves when chair asks for attendees willing to sponsor someone who is looking for a sponsor/temporary sponsor.
If you do not have a sponsor, we recommend using a home-group or temporary sponsor until you find one either in person or through the group. If you wish to make the virtual meeting your home-group, that is allowed.
Home group membership occurs only if the group has met regularly for 1 month; home group members WILL have commitments as they would in a TYPICAL NA home-group in person (chairing, reading, speaking, celebrations, taking attendance, deciding weekly/bi-weekly topics).
Nar-Anon attendees should not participate in sponsorship. However, Nar-Anon attendees may use the group for support, commitments, and step-work voluntarily. If interested in reviewing the steps, speak with an experienced attendee/member after meeting/off-hours.

Group will be open “off-hours” for text messaging support. No calls allowed outside of meeting times (private calls with other members allowed, obviously. Do not use the group for calls, though.)
We ask that you attend 1 meeting to stay in the group for off-hours membership/chatting privileges. Upon the occurance of regular weekly or bi-weekly meetings, we ask that you attend meetings at LEAST once per month to keep membership in-group “off-hours.”

NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS IS A NON-PROFIT SELF-SUPPORTING GROUP. MEETINGS IN-PERSON ASK FOR DONATIONS (FROM ADDICTS ONLY), THIS GROUP MEETING THAT YOU ARE BEING INVITED TO IS FREE AND WILL NOT ASK FOR DONATIONS. THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS ATTENDANCE.

While this virtual group is open to international members, the chair and/or secretary will inform attendees of USA Narcotics Anonymous conventions, events, and up-coming news. Dependent on the chair and/or secretary’s home location, news may vary. Chair will ensure some type of national news is given. Chair will make an attempt to find out about international news if any members are outside of the US.
Examples of up-coming events: MARLCNA, Mid-Atlantic Region Learning Conference of Narcotics Anonymous. NEW JERSEY Narcotics Anonymous Drag Show. New Years Parties. (Contact Chair for more info if interested.)

IF INTERESTED CONTACT ME VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE. :slight_smile: Or you can message me on my public Instagram account, which is: @deadboon.png !

Right now we are a very small group! This has its upsides and downsides. I’m still currently grabbing a list of attendees before I officially open up the group and create meeting dates/times. MEETING DATES / TIMES WILL BE DETERMINED VIA GROUP VOTING.

ALL AGES WELCOME. Because I am opening up this virtual group to the public, I’d like it to be known that most of our attendees are younger (20s) as of right now. If you’re in search of a support network of younger people, or if you’re in search of a network made up of more older folks, you can choose to join at your own discretion!

OUR RULES ARE SIMILAR TO THE COMMUNITY RULES ON THIS APP. BEHAVE AS YOU WOULD IN A REGULAR MEETING. BE RESPECTFUL, KIND, AND OPEN-MINDED. THE PURPOSE OF THIS GROUP IS TO BUILD A TIGHTLY-KNIT COMMUNITY OF RECOVERING ADDICTS WHO TRUST AND SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER.

Other features of the group includes: 24/7 text messaging capabilities (about any and all things), JFT daily meditation posts, motivational posts, sharing art, music, pictures, NA meetings, Nar-Anon friendly, celebrations for clean time, possibly more events to be planned in the future … (art or music therapy, 12-Step review, access to self-help therapy workbooks/pages).

This group is a commitment, while we do not ask that you are present all day, every day, we ask that you at least attend a meeting and check in once weekly / bi-weekly : )

Chaired by someone who is sponsored IRL, regularly visits in-person meetings, with in-patient/out-patient experience. Might need help running the group meetings in the future if the group becomes significantly bigger! (No experience chairing/being a secretary required, but experience attending meetings is preferred)