Struggle town

Hey guys.
I’m on day 16 after a relapse after 7 months sober from booze. I was in rehab for almost 2 weeks and it was much easier in there. Since I’ve come home I can’t stop thinking about drinking. I don’t know how to get past this. I tried non alcoholic beer but that didn’t work as a don’t really like the taste. Please help, I can not drink for my mental health, and my life is at risk when I drink. Even so, the pull is so strong. I can’t understand why it’s so much harder this time. I am having a lot of agitation and anxiety, I guess they were the emotions I used to try to cover with alcohol. :cry:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear you are struggling :hugs:

No advice, but some questions… What did you learn in your last sober stretch that you can apply this time around? What did you try, and what other options are available to you?

Lots of options here, you may be aware of them already!

2 Likes

16 days is still early in recovery, so urges are normal. What helped me was getting out of my house and make myself tired. So I walked a lot ore worked out. Every day sober I survived was one more to my string of sober days. Every day sober is becoming a little bit stronger.
Keep going! You know what works for you! You learned a lot in rehab, use it!

2 Likes