Struggling much

2weeks sober and struggling.Yesterday was so bad for me as I had a stressful day i couldn’t get drink out my head i came home and tried to sleep to forget about it and did feel a bit better when I woke up but never slept all night die to me sleeping all day.I no i can’t risk drinking again as I am a big binge drinker and my drink is vodka which makes me black out last time I was found in a Cobb!ed lane blacked out and someone phoned and ambulance i was so out of it they done a sternum rub on me to try and get me found and took me home were i continue to drink ashamed of what just happened.what was more embarrassing was the ambulance driver new me by my name and said he had picked me up on several occasions how mortifying and felt so bad taken there time with me self inflicted this on myself.The longest I’ve been sober this year is ten weeks in the past year and I came in here to maybe get a little support from this site i heard it was good from my alcohol worker.I’ve also not had my kids in my care for nearly seven years my youngest being seven this year this all started when I had postnatal depression .M ex partner left me when she was just six months that out me in even more of a lower mood the heartbreak was something I would never want to through again and I’m scared of meeting someone else again in case I get hurt again.I just want to get sober get my kids back and try and have a normal life can any of your see this happening in so scared.

1 Like

Hey, sounds like you’ve got a lot going round your head there.

First, congratulations on the two weeks! And well done for not drinking yesterday. It sounds like you know where that will lead you and you have given some good reasons not to drink there.

You say you have an alcohol worker, is that someone you can call when you’re struggling? I don’t know what other support you have in place, but I know there’s a lot out there. Therapy, medication, AA, SMART and of course this forum :blush:

This is a really good thread to have a look at, lots of good information and links to go through. And a good way to kill some time!

There is so much support here. Use the search bar, read, reach out, keep coming back! All our stories are a bit different but we’re all working towards the same thing and I’m sure you will find a lot you can relate to.

2 Likes

Than you do much for that .Yeah I do have quite a lot going on right now but I’m going to try and do things step by step in away to lose my house i m going away to go through bankruptcy I’m in a respite centre right now it’s called a wet house people still drink in here but they monitor how much they give you.I don’t get to drink at all in here due to me ending up in hospital with pain through drinking gastrointestinal.when I have have in to my cravings I’ve been drinking outside and drink vodka fast to get back here to the warmth but I sometimes just black out and don’t even get back it’s so horrible .thank you for your message it’s much appreciated.I will look at the link you have me.

1 Like

Welcome here Mazz,
Glad you find this app. Congratulations with your 2 weeks sober! I know it’s hard, we all do.
Living by the “rule” today I do not drink helps me to stay sober. Just today.
I wish you a better life. You can do that. Accept every help you can get and do eveything you can do! I’ve read you have a alcohol coach? I’ll bet she or he has plenty of tips. Maybe AA or SMART will help too.
Hang in there! :facepunch:

2 Likes

Thank you for that I’m going to try my best that’s all I can do yeah my alcohol worker is really helpful she’s gave me some relapse prevention forms to work away at.hopefully they will help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The things that you want are entirely possible, I’ve seen people go through Alcohol services and get their kids back but you have to really work on yourself and get better first. What meetings or programs are you currently working?

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re feeling so stressed. But congratulations on your 2 weeks!! That is great. And good job choosing sleep over drink.

I know your stressful day tempted you to drink but always stop and think “what will that drink solve?”. I think that is the fantasy that movies have created for us. We really believe that a drink at the end of a hard day will make us feel better. But it doesn’t. Not for the alcoholic OR the normal drinker. It doesn’t do anything!!! The normal drinker can have one and move on but it still doesn’t fix the hard day, does it. But definitely for the alcoholic it sends us into a downward spiral. Maybe not right away but eventually…it is inevitable.

So can you come up with other ways to decompress? Colouring books? Meditation? Hot bath? Cooking? A walk outside?

3 Likes