Struggling to quit

I am struggling to get sober (from weed), even though part of me wants and needs to. I feel stuck in this and know I need to stop and I don’t know whats keeping me in this cycle. It’s become so habitual. I’ve told myself so many times I would quit and I haven’t. I need support and I need to quit and find the motivation and determination to do this again.

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your struggles. I’m sending lots of love to you :sparkles:
Few things that help me, and have helped me in my recovery… it’s is to open my eyes and really see myself. It hurts to look with honest, open eyes and face own demons. I always need to ask myself, where in my life am I trying to have complete control, what am I hiding from myself, do I allow myself to sit with my feeling or do I always take the road of distraction. Do I allow people to see me, and do I allow them to help me. What am I avoiding. What feelings am I avoiding. What am I ashamed off.

The most important thing for me, is to not sit alone with these questions and my answer. I’m a addict, and I need another addict to tell these things to. I need to allow others to love me.

I really hope that you will keep on fighting. Good luck on your journey :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I appreciate your response. :pray:t2:

I’m sorry you are struggling with this addiction it’s a nightmare I still remember so clearly n probably will the rest of my life I fought also with my addiction I started off at age of 6 with weed n. Alcohol n cigs n over the years I said I won’t ever do that drug or I won’t use the needle ect an after years of feeding my addiction all my I wonts came I haves I started trying to get c
Sobor n clean at the age 16 n I’m not 41 n finally have 14 months n some change clean sobor n nicotine free an it wasnt till I got brutaly honest with myself n god n I gave it my all n asked god to help me that I got free from my addictions I’ll pray for you you keep on trying don’t give up n you will get it in time go to meeting don’t use no matter what get sponsor work the steps n pray ask of god

1 Like