Struggling with anxiety really bad today

Today is my 2nd day off opiates and though I’m not going thru wd, I am extremely anxious :frowning:

3 Likes

One day at a time. Try a hot shower. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s normal to get anxious about changing our lives. I think you should feel proud on your decision to stop and when we have insight into our illness it often makes it a bit easier. You ARE doing a great and noble, healthy thing.
Short walks of a few minutes help, breathing activities, puzzles, coming here, journaling your feelings. Consider a meeting, being with others like us, it all helps.
Please remember- you are good enough and deserving, Always! Hugs to you.

3 Likes

Try to write down your feelings and make a pro and con list of your daily activities currently and one of activities you want to add to your list. Then pick one to drop and one to add.
Find a positive read something to take your mind away from concentrating on the thoughts of your addiction. Stay strong you can do this! I’m proud of you! Keep pushing forward. It can be done you have taken the first step!

2 Likes

I struggle with anxiety a lot, so here are a few things that help me.

Reading, finding a good book and letting your mind really focus and get into it is such a nice distraction.

Going outside, even for a few minutes or just opening a window and breathing in fresh, cool air

Listening/watching ASMR videos on YouTube

Drinking a big glass of water or some hot tea

Taking my time to do my makeup or hair and enjoy the creativity of it and being mindful of how nice things like soft brushes or a cool beauty blender feels on my face

Putting something cold, like an ice pack on my neck or laying down with a heating pad on my back to release muscle tension and soreness

Exploring different places in the world using Google Street View

Making a list of chores to do around the house and crossing them off, helps my mind feel more clear and it’s satisfying to accomplish tasks

If you have a couple dollars and want to get out of the house, check out a local thrift store. I usually go with something in mind I want to find, like a new mug for tea, and then it’s like a treasure hunt!

I hope you find some relief from your anxiety very soon and congratulations on being 2 days into your sobriety journey! Wishing you all the best :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Welcome to TS :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like